Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Parking for Wembley – Ruislip Manor ?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Im off to Wembley stadium saturday, and planning on parking at Ruislip Manor (behind the tube station) and catching the tube to Wembley Park. Is this a good plan or are there better alternatives? Just want a simple journey after coming off the M40 south.

simon_g

Hillingdon tube is right next to the M40 and the parking is £1 all day on saturdays.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

That looks a bit bit easier – would finding a parking space be a problem?

stumpy01

Hillingdon would be dead easy, although I can't comment on availability of parking.

Just check the tfl website for engineering works, as if the Met line is closed it will take you ages to get the replacement bus service to Wembley and I know that those lines often have engineering works on them – although lately seems to be more on the Amersham branch.

Or you could look into Parking near Harrow on the Hill & it's only 10 mins from there.
    I think that the St Georges car park (small shopping centre) is open 'til late as there's a cinema there, although I don't know how much parking charges are……..
    ah, here's there website with parking charges: http://www.stgeorgesshopping.co.uk/about-us/car-parking.aspx

there's a couple of OK pubs nearby & Harrow on the Hill Station is only a 5 mins walk (through St Anns shopping centre.

4ags4
    Free Member

No, car park is reasonably large at Hillingdon.
    Just get the Met line – though be aware it only runs as far as Wembley Park this weekend (from Hillingdon – which to be honest is further than usual at a weekend from there!!)

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.

4gas4 – Wembley park is where i want to get off at, so should be fine. Im assuming a 2 zone day travel card would work out cheapest?

lunge

Going to watch Worcester – Sarries i guess?

I'm doing the same and have decided to park the car and Warwick Parkway (just off M40, J15) and get the train in.

Seemed the option with the least hassle to me.

ski
    Free Member

NW Alps Jeyer aka Boz – Member

Im off to Wembley stadium saturday, and planning on parking at Ruislip Manor (behind the tube station) and catching the tube to Wembley Park. Is this a good plan or are there better alternatives? Just want a simple journey after coming off the M40 south.

Boz – I am taking the family too!

Saracens v Worcester Warriors 😉

We paid £26 for the Green car park next to Wembley. Expensive I guess, but the tickets were cheap and as there are five of us I don't think getting the tube in would have worked out any cheaper.

My first time to Wembley too!

4ags4
    Free Member

as mentioned elsewhere its worth having a look on the TFL website – i'm sure it gives you a run down of fares somewhere – though it is probably cheaper to get a zone 2-6 travelcard than a return (which will be £3.50 each way)

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Yep, going to the rugby match. Thanks for the help – im taking the tube option i think as it looks to be operating as normal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Parking for Wembley – Ruislip Manor ?’ is closed to new replies.