Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Parking at Etihad stadium for Stone Roses tonight.
  • jkomo

Whats the best option? Don’t want to end up sitting in a multi-storey for two hours trying to get out, and have no clue what the best options are.
    Cheers

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Rock n Roll baby!

Cougar
    jkomo

Good work Cougar

jkomo

TOP ONE, NICE ONE, SORTED!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nothing to do with parking but my son was there last night. I sent him a text this morning to ask how it went, his usual responses to anything no matter how good are ‘alright’, ‘okay’ and ‘not great really’. His response this morning was ‘it was great’ so you really are in for a fantastic night.

jkomo

WE’VE GOT 3 SPARE TICKETS IF YOU FANCY!!!

Cougar

Has regular concert-going affected your hearing?

jkomo

I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    Has regular concert-going affected your hearing?

I FIND WEARING EARPLUGS HELPS A LOT!
    😉

jamj1974

Had a great night last night! 😀

Have a brilliant one!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

a city fan has advised me today (i’m going tomorrow nigh) to park North of the cemetery in Philps park and walk in.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@geordiemick….so I went last night and I’d recommend you park as far a way as possible. Surrounding the stadium is heaving and then upon leaving 60,000 people walk into Manchester Piccadilly…..enjoy the night, it’s amazing ..

jkomo

Went really well, not a fan of stadium gigs but it was still fantastic.
    I never thought I’d get to see them tbh, and seeing them in Manchester made it all the more special.
    Anyway, the parking was perfect, we went s bit further than the Travelodge and parked at Hancocks confectioners M12-5DD.
    £10, and the attendants were really friendly, and still there when we got back.
    10 mins walk to the Stadium and no traffic when we drove out.
    Perfect, thanks for the advice.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 I was there last night. Good times. Ian Brown could’ve been more animated/talked more but John Squire was just ace.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ps. do people chuck bottles/piss at all stadium gigs these days….? 😯

ds3000
    Free Member

Going to see them in New York on the 30th – slightly worried that it’ll be shite but really can’t wait.

maycontainnuts

We parked in one of the official scally carparks, just around the corner Oldham Rd A6010 junction. (drewett Street I think). A tenner and all was good.

Thought the gig was brilliant, didn’t go much on the support but that’s not what we were there for. Ian Brown’s singing was as you’d expect, luckily he was drowned out by 60,000 others. Agree with reggie about Squire, he was bloody brilliant.

mrmoofo

Went last night … wish I had taken the car as parking was nearly empty. And taxi drivers were having a field day. That said , we got back to Piccadilly really quickly.

On the downside – some arsehole behind us decided pushing people was a good idea. Which lead to my wife all forward 3 rows, as someone fell on top of her. Nest stop was over the parapet from level 3.
    The wanders then decided to drown beer at us for the next 10 minutes …

And I though throwing plastic glasses full of piss went out in the 80s … not in scummy Manchester …

BTW, 40 k people sing along and in tune … shame Ian Brown couldn’t …

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Parking at Etihad stadium for Stone Roses tonight.’ is closed to new replies.