Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Manchester parking advice for tonight…
  • smogmonster

I’m heading to the Coldplay concert at the Etihad tonight, the plan was to park at Ashton and get the Metrolink….however I’ve now found the last service back is 2245 and the concert doesn’t finish until about 2300,so it’s approximately sod all use. This leaves us having to find an alternative. Anyone with good local knowledge able to recommend the best place to park, bearing in mind we’ll be coming from the Leeds direction of the M62?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

There’s an enormous official car park at the Etihad. In addition, there are a dozen unofficial car parks all around the venue who’ll let you park on their land for a reasonable charge. You can’t miss the signs. You’ll be fine.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

PS I was also going to make a very witty comment about what cars Coldplay fans probably drive, but I couldn’t quite think of the punchline, so I’ll just leave that on the table.

Have a good night.

smogmonster

Hmm I wonder if I fit the stereotypes? Thanks for the advice, it’s appreciated.

martinhutch

Vauxhall Viva La Vida, shurely?

As above, when I go to see City, I’ve found it easy to find a decent spot in the industrial estate next to the Stadium – about 10 mins walk. Normal rules about not leaving anything of value in the car apply.

jekkyl

be aware of official looking ‘parking’ signs on the way in with guys in fluro tabards directing traffic. They aren’t official and your car will just be left unattended in a little patch of scrubland miles from the venue.

Cletus

When I go to watch City play I park in Rondin Road which is a little bit less than one mile south of the Stadium.

I have parked there since City moved to the stadium and have never had any problems. No charges.

Tales about 15 minutes to get to the stadium via

Right – Ashton Old Road – walk approx 300 metres then left – Rylance Street.

Walk to end then right and first left into Darley Street – walk to the end (Ashton New Road) and you will see The Etihad in front of you.

Note that I travel from the South so this works for me. I used it when I was staying in Oldham last year and it did take a little while to get back.

HTH

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

There’s plenty of parking around the stadium, as said above. I will add though that I had a 12:30 lunchtime meeting close to the Etished on the day of the Springsteen concert and the attendants were already trying to get me to park with them.

Don’t forget that there’s a big footie match on at Old Trafford tonight too. The ringroad is going to be a laugh a minute.

Times like this I’m glad I like decent music. 😛

slackboy

PS I was also going to make a very witty comment about what cars Coldplay fans probably drive, but I couldn’t quite think of the punchline, so I’ll just leave that on the table

probably a yellow one

I’d have turned round and parked at home, then put some decent music on the stereo

Cougar

It’s probably worth parking a little way away and walking in. Whenever I’ve been to a gig at the Ethiad, the place has been gridlocked getting out. A ten minute walk is a small price to pay to avoid the insanity.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Would of come in handy for the AC/DC gig. But i asked for a refund when Axl decided to front the best band on the planet.

chestrockwell

I went as well and it was ace!

We parked at the Sportscity Travelodge just down the road. £3 for 24hrs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Manchester parking advice for tonight…’ is closed to new replies.