• This topic has 39 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mcj78.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Parcel stress….
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

C’mon TNT!

Aaaggghh!

cloudnine
    Free Member

If only it was DPD and you could gps track the delivery driver

Tracey

DPD driver Nigel is delivering mine today between three and four, does he not understand that I leave early when I have to work on a Friday.

Any other day and Nigel delivers between ten and eleven.

Its always Nigel that delivers unless all DPD drivers are called Nigel

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

It’s made worse that I’m at work and my neighbour is signing for it.

Our DPD driver is Gary.

jonnyboi

Mine’s called Andy. He told me Nigel is a bit crap at his job.

docgeoffyjones

My daughter just shouted at the DPD driver asking if he had an sweets in his van.

superleggero
    Free Member

Waiting for a Hermes delivery which this morning was showing online as due today (in line with their two day service) but on checking just now it’s been put back to Monday.

Hermes, you’re an absolute shower.

kcal

DPD don’t reach this far North, we’re apparently non UK mainland.

DPD, look up “mainland”..

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

It’s arrived!! phew!

jonnyboi

could be worse, could have been yodel.

Tracey

Nigel has just delivered mine so I’m off home, half price from Start Fitness

Frame and forks should be delivered on Monday so I can start the build

BillOddie

My DPD driver (delivered my Hope Hoops earlier this week is called Laxman,

He is not Lax, he is very efficient.

Rubber_Buccaneer

supersessions9-2 – Member
    It’s arrived!! phew!

You haven’t even told us what it is. Something from Lovehoney?

It’s made worse that I’m at work and my neighbour is signing for it.

I can imagine, especially if there is a bit poking out 🙂

or it starts buzzing 🙂

sandwicheater

I feel bad i don’t know our regular DPD drivers name.

prawny

I had my new bike delivered by Parcelfarce on Wednesday, they were kind enough though to keep the tracking information a secret until after it had been delivered.

My new dropper and tubeless tape came today, it was still sat in the depot until half an hour after the Mrs told me it had arrived.

Genius.

ferrals
    Free Member

Same here Prawny, up until this morning my new cassette chainring etc were in northern ireland according to tracking, and then the postie delivered it.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Our current DPD driver is Pawel.

bigblackshed

Dave my DPD driver is ace.

That’s all. Carry on.

papamountain
    Free Member

My DPD guy today was Everett. Didnt hear the door go but got an email with a photo of the parcel in my designated stash spot round the side of our house. Love DPD. Not bike parts though unfortunately, new props for my drone 🙂

eyestwice
    Free Member

My guy is Chill by name and by nature. Top bloke.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just found out the parcel I’d been waiting for containing my wife’s birthday gift was supposedly delivered on the 21st of Feb. When we were out.

superleggero
    Free Member

Hermes tracking has just put my delivery back a further day to Tuesday.

This is supposed to be a two day service. They’ve had the package since Wednesday and had already put it back from Friday to Monday.

The delay is bad enough, but it’s the shifting date which is causing real problems re making arrangements for someone to be in to accept delivery.

Avoid.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I found mine. I discovered it had gone missing too late to schedule a redelivery so I went to the depot and spoke to them. They had nothing for my house number n, sorry. Then I found the tracking movement list that said it was at the depot, and she traced the tracking number and found out someone had attempted delivery at n-1, which isn’t near our house at all. They gave me the parcel though without the card.

Moral of the story – always have them check with the tracking number not your address.

Northwind

cloudnine – Member

If only it was DPD and you could gps track the delivery driver

Yup, if I ever rob a mail van it’ll be DPD.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My driver’s called Gabor and he’s Slovak according to rusty Mac’s partner

Tracey

Well Nigel’s getting even later today, my Hobbs order wont be here till between four and five.
    My forks from Chain Reaction should have been here today but now looking like tomorrow or Thursday.
    Planet X and Evans stuff is in store so it looks like I will be my own delivery driver tomorrow tea time.
    Cant wait to start the build.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member
    supersessions9-2 – Member
    It’s arrived!! phew!
    You haven’t even told us what it is.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/its-my-birthday-so-i-treated-myself-new-bike-content

nedrapier

Not desperately stressed about mine. Both going to collection points. An Argos near work, and the petrol station near home. Tiny bit more legwork for me, but less than if they go to the depot if I’m not in, and less stressful than wondering if it’s going to go AWOL after it’s been “delivered”.

shermer75
    Free Member

I was out so Yodel left it with a neighbour…about 12 houses away on the other side of the road lol. I’m 81, left at no.50. That’s a lot of doors to knock on before finding someone in! 🙂

oink1
    Free Member

My DPD driver is called Lukas 🙂 Nice bloke, always within his stated delivery slot.

oliverracing

I seem to get one of two DPD drivers, Gary is almost always bang on the start time, but Tom is anywhere in the later half and has been over an hour late of the slot on two occasions.

Currently waiting on a hermes parcel, sent a week yesterday, ment to be delivered Monday, couldn’t find the address Monday and Tuesday (we’re a flat that is a bit tricky to find but not rocket science) what makes the whole thing even more confusing is my flatmate had a successful hermes delivery yesterday… ❓

weeksy

I’m waiting for some Hermes post too… well, not exactly waiting as i don’t need the item as such… but considering i bought it, it would be nice for it to arrive.

Tracey

Nigel turned up bang on time yesterday and I have to say my dress and coat look really nice.

Parcel Force are delivering my forks from CRC between 8.23 and 9.23, don’t get much delivered by them, usually just small parcels by Royal Mail. I think they should name the driver to give it a more personal touch.

Edit.
    Forks delivered so I can get on an do some work

FOG

I’m anxiously waiting for Amazon Logistics to deliver some new forks. They are supposed to be ‘out for delivery’ at 7.55 this morning so hopefully they will appear soon. It’s a fine line as the woman in charge is going out soon so I would like them to appear in her absence to avoid one of those ‘ how come you have money for bikes but none for us’ conversations.

adsh
    Free Member

I now adjust my order to ensure it’s DPD delivery even if it costs more and I don’t need it quickly.

RDL-82
    Free Member

adsh – Member
    I now adjust my order to ensure it’s DPD delivery even if it costs more and I don’t need it quickly.

Of a similar vain, I won’t order if the only option is myHermes. Several items left in secure place (I don’t have one) and on ringing them up the driver can never remember where said safe place was.

Boohoo used them without no option to choose someone else for a while and the Mrs had a few items never turn up. Maybe they’ve got their act together now but for me it’s DPD, RM/PF or Click&Collect. Yodel seem better these days too.

I hate having deliveries!

FOG

Forks just arrived. Unfortunately herself didn’t go out so I feel that conversation coming on!

nedrapier

I’m at home. Rims are at the petrol station round the corner. Hubs are at the Argos near work. I can measure the ERD tonight, and take the calipers to work and order sperks 1st thing when I’ve picked up the hubs on the way to office.

Then there’s the stress of ballsing up the wheel build! 😀

I expect I’ll order the wrong spokes, having failed to read a ruler properly.

Tracey

Just had one delivered from myHermes that shouldn’t be here till tomorrow, probably makes up for the Parcel Force one that should have come yesterday but came today.

mcj78
    Free Member

I’m waiting on one from Yodel – this thread fills me with mild trepidation 😐

Anyone ever seen their tracking details go from “at local hub 16/3 8:50am – est delivery 16/3” back to “at sort centre 17/3 00:57am”?

It’s almost worth it for the chat response:

“I see there was some delay. And it is quite odd that it was sent back to the sort center this parcel will be with you in 24-48 hours and only then we will be able to see why that has happened”

😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Parcel stress….’ is closed to new replies.