• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Parcel Force – won't let me pick up the package until they've tried (and failed)
  • stevemorg2

Using their tracking system I know my Roadrat is in the local depot. Delivery is due for Monday when there is unlikely to be anyone at home so I've rung them asking if I can go and pick it up today – much easier for me and, I would have thought for them.

I've been told that they can't release it to me until they've attempted delivery, quoting the "Postal Services Act" – anyone come across this before or am I being fobbed off?

Smee
    Free Member

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2000/ukpga_20000026_en_1

Why dont you have a look.

You would think they'd be pleased to get rid of it. I know their delivery driver would (unless he's boning your wife.) 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, I've tried this. You just can't. You'll have to wait.

allthepies
    Free Member

Seems fair enough to me.

nuke

Impatience comes as standard with new frame purchases 😉

DrJ

Postal service in "being stupid" shock.

A while ago I was waiting for DHL to deliver something to me at work. It didn't arrive, and they told me they had attempted delivery but couldn't find the address.

The building they couldn't find was this one:

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think I can see why they couldn't find it.

Drac

"I ordered a frame to be delivered when I'm out and it's all Parcel Forces fault!!!" "Now they sticking by their contractual agreement and won't make an exception just for me."

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

That's funny, 'cos they didn't attempt to deliver a parcel to me from the US. They held it for ransom at the delivery office until I went to pay. Seems they pick the rules to suit.

Drac

Well the reason for that is in your post.

Elmo
    Free Member

They should let you have it. We do a lot!

Depends on the depot though. If they only have a couple of Saturday staff in-i.e not a full shift and a busy counter to contend with, then it may not be as straight forward as you think to find yours. If it hasn't been sorted to route yet.
    We deliver about 2800-3100 parcels a day.
    The bigger depots (and we are small) can do 3-4 time that amount!
    Thats a lot to look through for a brown box.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If they only have a couple of Saturday staff in-i.e not a full shift and a busy counter to contend with

So why doesn't Royal Mail recruit more staff then ? Specially as the recession means that plenty of people are looking for work. Like that, maybe Royal Mail would have more satisfied customers.

Sounds like p*sspoor management to me ……

aP
    Free Member

Ernie – sounds like avoid idea, if only they weren't being groomed for sale to Deutsche Post.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Parcel Force – won't let me pick up the package until they've tried (and failed)’ is closed to new replies.