Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Panaracer Rampage – Will I die?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

2.35″, with soft compound on the front and normal compound on the back for my AM full suss.

They do look a lot like a Nevegal, but I figured the softer compound would give me more front end bite. Would I be better served elsewhere?

MartynS

Had Rampages for a long time on my Turner. They did the job in the Peak.
    I’ll be honest the only tyres I’ve ever hated were conti Vert Pros everything else seems much of a muchness to me.

Using Nobby Nics at the moment because thats what the LBS has!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m running Rampages now after a very brief stint on Nobby Nics (aka the most over rated piles of crap ever). Superb tyres – feel much better than my previous High Roller / Crossmark combo which I thought was pretty much perfect.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s the kind of feedback I’m looking for…I didn’t get on very well with High Rollers up front, I found them an all or nothing tyre that hated the rutted singletrack round my way. I actually prefer Nevegals, in spite of the toilet paper thin sidewalls.

Grimy
    Free Member

I have a Rampage on the back and a Cinder on the front. Works well for me on just about anything.

tony24
    Free Member

Rampages were fine for me better than nevegals all day long

d45yth
    Free Member

OP – I ran the same combo for quite a while…I found that they slice easily on loose rock and the front washes out easily on softer stuff.
    High Roller, rear. Minion DHF, front. You could use the Minion F and R too. That’s where it’s at!

IHN

Had Rampages for a long time on my Turner. They did the job in the Peak.
    I’ll be honest the only tyres I’ve ever hated were conti Vert Pros everything else seems much of a muchness to me.

I had Rampages for a long time on my 456. I was never that amazed with them.

I’m now rocking a brand spanking set of Conti Vert Pros. First time out this weekend, we’ll see…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Rampages are nice on dry rock, and to an extent, dry dirt.
    But rubbish if its wet and sloppy.

ratadog

Used Rampages front and back in 26 and 29 variants and still got some of them in service. Good all round tyre.

Del

i ran a rampage on the rear for a while. never really thought much of it, used to spin it on the road climb to the local trails in the damp/cold, and i really wasn’t that upset when i put a hole through one of the central knobs of it with only around 25% wear. back to nevegal/blue groove at ~ £5/tyre cheaper…

Rickos
    Free Member

Used Rampages for a couple of years on my Prophet. Nice tyre. Far better for me than the Nevegals they replaced. I always felt the Nevegals were going to wash out.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Pretty much what ir_bandito said. They got sold on after a particularly unpleasant skate around a wet Whinlatter. 😐

jwt
    Free Member

Found them to be fairly quick rolling, but quite drifty when pushed hard, nice and progressive though so you can have some control.

Rich_s

Work OK for me. The Panaracer ASB thing is excellent.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

They are a good, grippy fast rolling tyre for good conditions. The tread is not very aggressive so get pretty slidy in wet conditions. Their biggest problem, and the reason I only used them once, is that the sidewalls are pretty fragile so were really easy to pinchflat on rocky tracks. Not surprising as they are very light for such a big tyre

mike_p
    Free Member

As others have said, good in the dry, but they’ll have you off in the wet (this is normal compound). I like them for the summer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Rampage – Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.