• This topic has 24 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Paintballling Protection
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Yes it is someones stag and we are going paintballing.

Do I just wear an extra t-shirt or go for the full body armour?

Any hints or tips?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

most important thing after a mask is to wear gloves. Getting a paintball on the fingers or knuckles as you are gripping the gun is agony! A beanie can also be useful gives a bit of cover for the back of your head

something baggy also helps – cushions the blow a bit but also provides a bit of give meaning you can get hit with a paintball and it might not burst. With body armour you will get more impact protection but more burst balls. Which brings me to the other essential – a sports box.

alwyn
    Free Member

Be a man and go in your boxers.

It doesn't hurt that much, they will take the piss if you turn up in armour.

jam-bo

you will get shot more if you go armoured up. there are always spots that aren't covered. I got a corker of a bruise in the back of my knee last time i went.

the_prophet
    Free Member

i just wore a t shirt everytime ive been. you've got overalls on top and running around you just get too hot.

it stings yes, depending on where you get tagged but be a man and just get on with it. you will get targeted alot more wearing a full body suit of armour or chainmail…..

I got hit under the arm last year, on my tricep area, started off with a small red circle as per usual, next morning i had a big blood bruise stretching from my armpit to my elbow.

hora
    Free Member

I stuck my head round a corner and was shot at pointblank range in the mouth . I was more concerned over the rank taste.

If it hurts you that much your a big girl.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

t-shirt, jeans and a pair of gloves then…

…just looked out the window and think I might take a canoe as well

damion
    Free Member

A buff for your neck and one for your forehead, plus some gloves would be my advice. Anymore and you'll get hot and your goggles will steam up more.

sambob
    Free Member

dont get shot in the @rse, that hurts. so does the chin. all of the aboce help a lot.

HansRey

i wouldnt take jeans cos you'll get wet and stay wet. Also, depending upon the calibre of your mates do NOT tell them that you're wearing a cricket box if you choose to wear one. It only serves as target practice!

Flaperon

i wouldnt take jeans cos you'll get wet and stay wet.

So, what? Shorts?

Talkemada
    Free Member

I stuck my head round a corner and was shot at pointblank range in the mouth

😆

Sorry, but that is funny!

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

+1 for manning up
    infact last time i did it i was trashed i didnt have any war wounds where as everyone else did. my recommendation would be take some fog tech for the mask, being able to still see after 2 min of running about gives you a massive advantage. plus if its muddy wear footy boots.

hora
    Free Member

Sorry, but that is funny!

It was instantly funny and a huge fail. One person waiting round the corner ready for someone and automatically squeezing the trigger in fear as we both EEKED!

I had a splattered face and a fat lip mixed with blood.

That and the ricochets off of your shaved scalp is nowt. What hurt was diving for cover and sticking your thigh into a small chopped tree stump. Then as you quietly writhed in agony someone pops round the corner and puts 4 shots into your back. THAT hurt! 😆

We played in the grounds of a capped disused mined that had blown up in the 19th century killing alot of miners up in Cumbria.

Its funny how some people become headless (hiding in their base- no names mentioned) 😉 and others seem to click into the game and become focused and ruthless like our side did 😀

Wally

I had an amusing if not you Stag Hunt experience as a best man, I was on the ground and got surrounded and peppered by my party and a group of very trigger happy school kids and had no marks. I suggest you mock the MTFU comments and get layered up.

IMHO vital kit is
    As mentioned above couple of buffs around neck and gloves, I wore windsurf ones. Strong over ankle boots, turtle neck long sleave T shirt.

I then had Joggy bottoms under jeans (worked well), thick builders shirt topped with woolly jumper your Nan might knit. All under the provided overalls. You want to aim trap as much air as possible. (take water, you will need it wearing this!)

Best man had T shirt and jeans, he looked like a bad case of chicken pox at the end. Also – be aggressive and use smoke well, most people are terrible shots. It is a bit like Clarkson with AK47 on full auto in front of a van, lots of noise but actually very few accurate shots.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Not fun at all… Lots of padding and something to de-mist the mask.

Wally

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I found taping a toy retractable bayonet/knife to the barrel and leaping into the trench screaming like a maniac to be most theraputic – didn't do much for those in the trench though! 😆

Best advice is to lightly pad up, a buff or high necked fleece, mtb gloves and good boots are the requisite in my experience.

Also, if you have a sniper, look for the puff of CO2 gas from the barrel, once located shoot directly below it and you'll get the sod full in the face (i did!). Most people are bad shots and the weapons aren't that accurate. Rather than going off 'full auto' take your time and aim, your kill rate will be higher and you'll spend less.

Nonsense
    Free Member

If you are going to a half decent site they will have anti-fog lenses, they should also be on compressed air and not CO2 as it freezes up in the colder months.

As above make sure you have some full finger gloves and a beanie hat helps take the sting out. Other than that just wear some thick trousers and a thick top. You will get hot running around in too much clobber. Any body armour just means every ball that hits you will break and you'll spend more time sitting and watching.

hora
    Free Member

Depending where you play I'd be more worried about the scenery and its affect on you than a nasty nip from a paint capsule.

You could easily break and ankle running on uneven surfaces with a mask on.

ChrisL

Last time I played I took gloves and some small neoprene knee pads. They weren't to protect me from paintballs as much as to protect me from stinging nettles and the rest of the scenery. I felt far more inclined to kneel in puddles or and on rough ground than I would have if I hadn't got the pads on. I expect that beyond that I was just wearing jeans and t-shirts under the supplied jumpsuit.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Remember, if it's a stag do you are most likely out on the town afterwards – most of our group looked like plague victims with huge red/purple welts across their necks/arms etc, one even had the most amazing comedy 'thick ear' i've ever seen!

scaredypants

last time this came up, somebody suggested buying some balls in advance and keeping 'em in the freezer

you'd better hope nobody's doing that, or it'll smart a bit

simonjf63
    Free Member

Last paintballing stag do I went on was standard fare until we got to the end when the groom was given 5 seconds to make a run for it before we opened fire. You'd need a fair amount of protection to save yourself from the pounding he got that day (we didn't quite get to 5 seconds and there were about a dozen of us). He was a bit of a mess.

hora
    Free Member

buying some balls in advance and keeping 'em in the freezer

I'd wager one of those would get through the mask visor. So I don't think it'd be on.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Paintballling Protection’ is closed to new replies.