Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • paint job
  • alanlbikes
    Free Member

any one looking to spruce bike up,just had a paint job done by cruzer,the guy is exceptionally good,well worth the money £150 he is based in sheffield.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

WHAT? £150?? Are you for real or are you on commission? What's he use, real gold flake?

TheCruzer
    Free Member

eselgrgrufucktof or whatever your name is, do you have any idea of the time and effort I put into painting a bike? I DONT THINK SO. Not to mention the price of paint and materials and the spraybake oven that cost £60,000 👿

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Well, you won't get much business with that kind of surly attitude.

Really, how would he know anything of the time and effort, bearing in mind that he DOESN'T KNOW YOU?

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Not another fruit!

thomthumb
    Free Member

clearly he doesn't.

maybe instead of the attitude you could try a photo.

numpty.

pinches
    Free Member

i don't think £150 is that crazy for a proper paint job. (considering, i'm a painter)

the price of paint has gone up considerably recently.

tails
    Free Member

I think cruzer does fancy paint jobs rather than your standard powdercoat, so thats were the money goes. i think he painted a lizard on his bike.

takisawa2

Sounds a lot but something tells me this is no cheap powder job in a RAL colour some back street industrial unit had knocking around after a big job.

alexpalacefan

Cruzer doesn't sound like a very nice man. I'd take my business elsewhere.

A

geetee1972
    Free Member

What's that expression –

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES 😡

Always wanted to say that.

On the other hand, £150 for a top drawer paint job is not unreasonable. Bear in mind that Argos will charge around £120 for a three part frame and that doesn't include decals. Throw those in and the cost will be around £150.

As for Cuzzer's attitude – he's an artisan, give the guy a break. It's not just him that must suffer for his art.

gregs891
    Free Member

well he did my bike early this year and did a top job of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

firestarter
    Free Member

any pics of any work youve done ? i spent over that before on a bike frame getting done. it was lovely tho with hand painted lug lining 😉

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Whats wrong with you lot the bloke slaged my work off first. How much are you lot paying? I think £150 is a good price esspecially when I spend a long time on a frame. By the way airbrush work costs £100 extra.
    If you want to see a sample look for nomad FS on this site and follow the link.
    The bloke who posted this got two colours on his bike and a top coat of gemini that costs a fortune.

craig1975
    Free Member

It's like any thing.. you get what you pay for!

But mind you…. I got my cove re-powder coated last month.. ESP in Glasgow, they shot blasted it first taped it up in all the correct places, all in, it cost me £40.

At that price i wasn't expecting it to be any thing special but I was very impressed with the top quality job they did.

There prices do go up depending on what they have in stock and what kind off paint you want, but for me at £40….. I'm defo going to get a year out of it and probably a lot more thanks to Helli-tape.

After all it is a mountain bike that gets ridden in the UK, in crap weather, it ain't going to stay shiny for long 😉

slimtubing
    Free Member

Rise above the slagging the cruzer other you might come across as a grumpy auld bollox. just a thought if you're looking for bizness in these hereabouts,they're a testy bunch and love to play up.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Whats wrong with you lot the bloke slaged my work off first. How much are you lot paying?

whats wrong? attitude, he didn't slag it off he questioned the pricing. we're used to paying £35 down here. £150 seemed a lot. you jumped in a got arsey.

still haven't shown a photo.

If you want to see a sample look for nomad FS on this site and follow the link.

firstly what site what link? second why would we want to search out your work with that sort of approach. the guy was asking why we should pay £120 more than a powder coating – read the first post – doesn't imply it's not powder coating; than you storm in and have a hissy fit. I ain't gonna look up your 'o so amazing work' so that i can have the pleasure of you painting my bike.

i stand by my original assertion.

numpty.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Ok, I might of over reacted a bit , but some of you are going on like old women. I am new to st forum and I am starting to realise its not for me. as slimtubing said some of you are a testy bunch that love to play up.
    And also some of us treat our bikes like our kids and look after them,
    I do the same quality work on a frame that I would do on a £30,000 porsche and use the same quality materials but if your happy with a £40 powdercoat job then fairenough, you wont get that good a finish though. I apollogise to essellgruntfutok for my ramblings but he could have thought about questioning prices for a service that he has not even seen.
    So I will leave you with that, Thank you and good night!!!

redstorm
    Free Member

The cruzer has just done me a top class paint job on my Intense 6.6. When its built back up I will show you guys just how good his work is.

SenorDrew
    Free Member

He typed I don't think so in caps, shit me, one wouldn't consider that arsey, can people not make a living anymore?

pitduck
    Free Member

living yes arsey attitude no 😕

rs
    Free Member

If the OP had provided a bit more detail in the first place might have helped.

Bregante

looks a bargain that for £150 – if you like that sort of thing

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

some of us treat our bikes like our kids

I just want to ride and abuse my bike.

Bregante

some of us treat our bikes like our kids

I just want to ride and abuse my bike

😯

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Yeah, sounds a bit iffey that comment. Our lot ride our bikes hard but we also look after them as the cost enough.
    I appologise to everyone for causing an international incident with my first reply.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Sorry, ment to say I appologise to everyone exept tomthumb!!!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I would have reacted the same cruzer…no need to apologies.

Sometimes the sheep on here get a little excited when they have no threads about womens clothes or tyres for mincing around afan to comment on.

I swear this used to be a bike related forum.

Nice paint job on the nomad by the way…reminds me a little of my old planet x compo paint job.

myheadsashed

I had a frame painted by Spectrum so I would say 150 quid is quite cheap….. 😳

fontmoss
    Free Member

one pic, im flipping gutted

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Thanks to z1ppy for putting the pic on. I am a bit crap with computers and couldnt do it my self. Trying to get some more pics on pinkbike site of my mates bikes ive painted. I do them for the fun of doing something different to car bodgeing and enjoy making them look different. I must admit I dont do the airbrush work thats an artists job but i give him the ideas. He does charge me £100 for it though but I think its worth it to be individual.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i would pay £150 for a paint job like that 😉

craig1975
    Free Member

That's a different kind of £150 paint job, I sees now 🙂

rs
    Free Member

so what are you charging 150 for? 150 just the paint or 50 for the paint and 100 for the art?

tails
    Free Member

Must be £50 paint £100 for artwork, you must remember if you get something sprayed rather than powder coated it does cost more, but if your doing something like a nomad then its the only way. I remember someone posted a photo of their giant anthem it had been put in the kiln to set the paint and the aluminum had slumped, the frame was a right off.

I had a steel bmx frame powder coated by a local engineering firm the paint was thick and glossy, but the colour choice was limited and the frame only cost me £50, no way ever would I give a nomad or intense to a powder coaters.

tails
    Free Member

Actually did you sell the bike cruzer I saw that you had a few bites? You should offer your service through an advert as you'll get a fair bit of work.

GJP
    Free Member

Is it just me that thinks the example above is a £250 paint job. £150 for the 'standard' jobbie and then an up-charge of £100 for the custom artwork that is out-sourced to the artist.

If it is all well done etc then it seems reasonable to me. Not cheap but you get what you pay for etc..

plop_pants
    Free Member

argos would have charged £250 for my single colour respray, thankfully it was a warranty job.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Was a bike painter myself for 8 years , but went back into car painting as it paid better !! … i havent painted a bike for almost 12 years , but we used to charge between £40 and £80 depending on design etc and airbrushings was extra ,so £150 for a top job is reasonable considering the work that goes into bike painting ….. would go back into it if it paid better !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘paint job’ is closed to new replies.