Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Pact Bikes. Over there in the news >>>
  • wwaswas

I got the impression he was looking for a purpose for a bike rather than a set of dimensions.

I want something I can ride cross country for an hour, fling round the local woods at silly speeds for another hour and then ride to the cake shop.

there seems to be a fair number of bikes around that allows that and, for me, my Liteville has come closest to delivering my ideal. There are things I’d change though.

I can see of brant can get someone to articulate their ‘ideal’ in a way he can design a bike for and it’s sufficiently popular to justify a small production run to sell to people who have a similar requirement then that’s job done.

It might be a lightweight cargo bike, some sort of xc/playing in the woods uber-bike or the perfect bike packing frame or maybe all of them. Something that takes his fancy and that he can work with someone to design, test and deliver (and sell).

I think it’s an interesting venture and wish him every luck with it.

brant
    Free Member

It’s as much about the person, their ability to work with me, me with them, as about the bike.

andybrad

ive popped him an email and see if anything comes of it.

scotroutes

Sorry, had to be done.

Unless you’ve got an additioanl 50% on top of production Ti or high end Steel money, custom isn’t an option.

Not true. My Burls cost me less than the trade price of a Salsa.

One month on and it’s all gone quiet…

bencooper
    Free Member

Developing a new bike doesn’t happen overnight 😉

brant
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member
    One month on and it’s all gone quiet…
    POSTED 17 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Having been through various methods of news leakage and in-public-eye development processes we decided to keep our gobs largely shut until we had something to sell.

However, if you were to lurk on Market Street in Hebden Bridge in the next half hour you might see something emerge for a test ride.

There’s also a ti model of some description just headed to factory for final drawing alts.

And we are also consultants to a wonderful carbon factory in Xiamen, China too, which explores the word Pact in another direction.

More news when we have something of substance.

Updates, or even hints, about what’s being developed, to keep the punters interested, don’t take long to post.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Updates, or even hints, about what’s being developed, to keep the punters interested, don’t take long to post.

Ancient proverb says: A man who does not know that the rocket / rooster / pickenflick exists cannot moan about it being late.

Yes, but…
    The USP of Pact Bikes is customer involvement. I don’t feel very involved at the moment.

akira

I got an email back, obviously cant tell you what it said though. 😉

I got “Thanks for the sign up” on 13th October.
    Has there been another one since?

akira

Suggested vague concept and got an email saying something along those lines was being thought about.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Ancient proverb says: A man who does not know that the rocket / rooster / pickenflick exists cannot moan about it being late.

This is as good as the Pratt with the titanium rocket in wharncliffe, arrogant chuff,its as if your beneath them for asking a question.

hora
    Free Member

Is this for real?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Anyway, a 650b+ aluminum hardtail, 120mm forks with room for normal (well, 2.4″) 29er tyres, and a bent seatube to keep the chainstays as short as possible within those requirements. And a tapered 44mm lower, normal upper headtube (because I like the look of bling headsets).

Seems I wasn’t unique enough, well, depending on the details anyway.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/are-we-going-to-see-a-3-tyre-craze-that-requires-new-frame-fork-and-wheels

finbar
    Free Member

I was hoping https://www.pactcoffee.com/ had started making bikes.

matther01
    Free Member

Sent a couple of suggestions to Brant and got a reply literally within minutes yesterday. He couldn’t build the things mainstream that I suggested as he’s working on a couple of things (which I won’t mention), but did offer a custom build for one of them.

hora
    Free Member

So all these ideas flying in. Whats to stop Brant from taking them and claiming them as his? 😉

akira

Because he’s not a douchebag. On phone so couldn’t see if that was winking from hora.

akira

Oh it is ;-p

dragon
    Free Member

How many ideas out there can there be for something that is essentially 2 triangles and has been made for over 100 years?

If Brant’s previous attention to QA/QC is anything to go by, then expect whatever you buy to have a flaw somewhere.

hora
    Free Member

If Brant’s previous attention to QA/QC is anything to go by, then expect whatever you buy to have a flaw somewhere.

I’ve just bought a size large PlanetX merino top. It states upto 44 chest. I’m 42″ and it fits like a compression suit across the chest. I shudder to think what would happen if you then washed it.

weeksy

I can tell you the answer to that Hora…

I have the black and orange one…. it almost fits my 6 year old.

scotroutes

Brant was responsible for the Planet X merino tops? I assumed that somewhere in the vast conglomerate that is PX/OO they’d have someone else doing that sort of stuff. I know he was very much the public face of PX/OO over here but I don’t think it’s fair to lay all their woes at his feet.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I suggested a bike, but it looks like PP have started making it with the OKA already 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

^^^lol that’s what I suggested but in ti!

rOcKeTdOg

Brant is sending me the prototype carbon wheels we discussed last week 😉

richpips
    Free Member

Via twitter.

Ti 650b(+) 120mm hardtail. £1000 frame only. Sign up on the website

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Pact Bikes. Over there in the news >>>’ is closed to new replies.