Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • pace rc305 v prince albert
  • karnali
    Free Member

managed to whittle the new hardtail choice down to these 2, both second hand, both similar prices its the 853 version of the PA in a medium size (17.5) the pace in a 16. 110-140 maxle lite revs going on it for lakes riding, the the odd challenge ride. From what i can work out the pcae will have a lower bb slightly shorter tt and lower ht height. Weight appears to be not much differnt.

Any views on either, the pace is balck the pa red both look nice just fancying a change really and would welcome the stw massive comments

the wild card would eb a new sirius frame in 853 at about 100 more

ta

neillp
    Free Member

Well I can't givce you an exact comparison but I have a PA and a whyte 19 which is similar to the pace (alloy).

Although the Whyte is lighter and slightly better at climbing,the PA wins hands down every time. I just prefer that little bit of extra comfort/flex from the back end of the PA and the more neutral handling.

I can ride the PA all day but I am shagged after 3 hours on the 19. The 19 is know always set up single speed.

Oh and I can't remember the last time I took out the full sus since getting the PA.

IMHO of course!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I hated the PA
    it got sold

carlphillips
    Free Member

watch for the size of the PA, i am 5'9" and got the medium and it felt like a gate to me, i rode it once then sold it on. currently still on my 16" 456 which for me is ace.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I thought the PA was over 5lb and the Pace closer to 4lb?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My mate absolutely LOVES his Pace, & wouldn't swap it for the world, It (& him) climb like a pair of mountain goats!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmygrainger/3125515140/

bobster
    Free Member

Tried both – preferred the Pace.

Very nearly bought one, until I sorted my Hummer 😉

Also tried a Genesis Altitude which was slightly better than the Pace IMO

scotabroad

Have not ridden a Pace but I have a 19" PA 853 and i am 6 foot, 34" inside leg. I really like the way it rides, comfortable but good for technical descents and climbing. I have U turn 130mm revs on the front.

Would recommend it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘pace rc305 v prince albert’ is closed to new replies.