Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PAAAAAAAAAAAANIC!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

binners

bruneep

Will do.

Drac

/speeds off to garage,

D0NK

bugger. pretty sure car has the petrol light on for the last 3 days

rossi46
    Free Member

richc
    Free Member

should be OK, the tories don’t have any other scandals to bury this week by causing a panic do they?

kimbers

richc – Member
    should be OK, the tories don’t have any other scandals to bury this week by causing a panic do they?

😆

jimster
    Free Member

richc – Member

That we know of.

Ah well, the old codger in Morrison’s had the right idea as he was filling up five 5 litre drums and his car with petrol. 😕

I’m off now!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I coughed and misfired as I cruised into the car park this morning, I shouldn’t ignore the orange light for so long lol.

binners

I coughed and misfired as I cruised into the car park this morning

coffeeking – you had a right pop at me last week for starting threads about that type of thing!! 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Unite ……………………It says the industry is too fragmented

What, you mean that it’s a free market with multiple competing companies? But surely if that’s the case and the drivers thought they dererved a better deal they could get it elswhere?

On a related note, theres about 30 litres of petrol in the Midget thats stood for about a year, syphon it out ~5 litres at a time and use it diuted in ful tanks in the Focus, or will that cause death?

IHN

I coughed and misfired as I cruised into the car park this morning, I shouldn’t ignore the orange light for so long lol.

Good job you only had your sidelights on, otherwise you’d have run out of fuel before you made it to the car park 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good job you only had your sidelights on, otherwise you’d have run out of fuel before you made it to the car park

Didn’t bother with lights at all, christ I’d never have made it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

coffeeking – you had a right pop at me last week for starting threads about that type of thing!!

LOL 😀

project
    Free Member

Just off to fill up,

want me to get any spare for anyone, minimum order £20.00 plus delivery, at £1.00 per mile.

It will save you the queueing.

Also Orange and yellow light sheilds, to cover that annoying little light, £4.99, with free delivery.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just off to fill up, want me to get any spare for anyone, delivery £1.00 per mile.

If you were passing I’d get you to get me some, save me the embarrassment of running out 😀 Mind you, at £1 a mile that’s only a smidge dearer than it costs me to drive with it anyway 😀

Houns

Just rushed out to fill up as I was on fumes. Thanks for the heads up

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Phew, I thought there might have been a tree rationing bill passed.

Jamie
    Free Member
    julianwilson
    Free Member

I wonder if the public will bear in mind these 2 bits from the article as the Sainsbury’s petrol queue once again backs out onto the largest roundabout in the city:

the deadline for setting strike dates has been extended to this Friday. If the offer is rejected Unite could call for further talks or it could declare dates for some form of industrial action. The union must give seven days’ notice of action, which rules out lightning walkouts by drivers who deliver fuel to 90% of Britain’s forecourts. Drivers at two of the seven major distributors have also voted against strikes.

As above, now there no recent/current scandal to bury this time, I fully expect Our Dear Leader and his Associates to actually behave like grown men when speaking to the media.

nuke

I’m alright, I bought loads of stamps at the Post Office today…none of the rationing that I was expecting 😀

:edit: Oh, we back on panic buying fuel 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

oh bollox, my tank is already full, how can I panic buy now? I shall drive around all night and empty it.

binners

Have you thought about decanting some of it into an inappropriate container in your kitchen?

rossi46
    Free Member

I fully expect Our Dear Leader and his Associates to actually behave like grown men when speaking to the media

😆

Mike_D
    Free Member

my tank is already full, how can I panic buy now?

Buy another car.

McHamish
    Free Member

Find various containers at home an fill them up, failing that fill your pockets and shoes.

Cougar

failing that fill your pockets and shoes.

You should let the oil companies know, they’re always looking for gas pockets.

kimbers

i believe francis maude is offering to let you store petrol in his listed home or possibly in the flat over the road we bought him and he rented out until the expenses scandal
    or maybe even in the lodgings he owns for up and coming young torries in kennignton

Jamie
    Free Member

You should let the oil companies know, they’re always looking for gas pockets.

That’s fracking awful.*

*2 for the price of 1 pun.

scaredypants

oh, thank god (- and kimbers)

I’ve been waiting for Mr Maude to tell me what to do all afternoon

project
    Free Member

Been out, two local fuel stations queuing and a chap with a clipboard taking numbers of vehicles,

Cougar

a chap with a clipboard taking numbers of vehicles,

What on earth for?

I have to fill up twice a week.

Next time I’m in a queue at the petrol station, I might start questioning some of the idiots there as to why they are filling up.

project
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

What on earth for?

Orange hi viz, and asking women did they need any help to fill their car with fuel,unemployment must be down by one i suppose.

stucol
    Free Member

Got an MOT in a week. Fairly certain it will fail.

So that’s a relief. Saves me worrying about driving it !

scaredypants

What on earth for?

gullible arses – great targets for canvassing when the elections come round

TheFlyingOx

I filled up yesterday just by chance, so I felt a bit smug when I realised I won’t be one of the nimrods queuing for hours just to get 6 litres of petrol. I later realised that if I park the car facing up the drive, the filler hole is lower than the tank. It emptied, at a rough guess, a gallon and a half onto the drive. Now I’ve got to go back and queue to fill up again.

ulysse
    Free Member

Joey Beltram did a song about this…

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PAAAAAAAAAAAANIC!’ is closed to new replies.