Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Overgrown paths, shorts, and nettles
  • epicyclo

One nice thing about paths overgrown with rampant flesh scouring nettles – your legs don't let you forget the ride for some time 🙂

thekingisdead
    Free Member

sure you aren't allergic to chrome? 😉

kinda666
    Free Member

I've been riding in football socks for the last couple of rides!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Gorse is a bit of a pain too.

Dancake
    Free Member

Whats going on with those spacers?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Is that a bike or a pneumatic drill?

Taff
    Free Member

Is that meant to be ridden off road. Is it wrong that I like returning home with a few bramble marks? It's like a mellow alternative to a worthwhile crash

epicyclo

stevenmenmuir – Member
    Gorse is a bit of a pain too.

That was yesterday 🙂 Arms look like I scrub with barbed wire.

Taff – Member
    Is that meant to be ridden off road…

I'm a believer in any bike, anywhere, anytime.

BTW the spacers are non functional – there's no need for them except to hide a bit of ugliness underneath.

This bike is just something I have concocted for offroad paths. Here it is on the way round the 'Puffer course…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sorry epicyclo – I forgot the smiley and thus come across as a facetious tosser…

Nettles certainly make you feel more alive! Anti-histamines will help with a restful night's sleep though.

😀

epicyclo

stuartie_c – Member
    Sorry epicyclo – I forgot the smiley…

Don't worry I assumed it 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

I tend to find after a few good stinging rides, I tend to just get used to it and never notice again till nettle time next year. That's a proper 'look at me!!!' bike, but I like it 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Had an off partially into a nettle bush yesterday. Managed to prevent getting an entire face-full, just caught my nose quite badly which then stung and itched for hours. It's that time of year.

OCB
    Free Member

Good out there innit.
    I find the addition of brambles only adds to the sensation.

🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Is it just me or are stinging nettles a lot more potent than when I was a barefoot grubby little urchin roaming the countryside in my nylon y-fronts?

I got a decent nettle rash sometime early in the afternoon last weekend and it was still tingling quite powerfully although not unpleasantly long after midnight!

samuri
    Free Member

Nettles are ace. I feel I've not been true to myself if I don't deliberately brush against them at least once or twice per ride at this time of year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Overgrown paths, shorts, and nettles’ is closed to new replies.