Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ovens
  • CaptainSlow

Apologies for the incredibly boring “what oven” thread but mines just packed up. It’s a single built in jobbie that is about 15 years old so may not be repairable.

Any recommendations on brand and ones to avoid? Anyone have experience of NEF or Bosch ?

The outgoing oven is Electrolux so they are also on the list. Must be self cleaning but don’t need any flash features.

footflaps

I’d have a look online for spares, a lot of models from the same manufactureres share parts so fair chance you can find spares. I changed the heating element in my 10yr old fan oven a few months back.

leffeboy

I had had very cheap bosch once, oven temp. was miles out from new and it didn’t really have enough power. The tech. who came to fix it said that the oven wasn’t really meant to be used 😯

Had it replaced with the model up which was perfect. Most other big electrical stuff we have is Bosch as well and works really well.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Put in a Nef oven and induction hob when we redid the kitchen last year. Very happy with it.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

single or double, built under or eye level?

pedlad

Canon double oven here been great for 10 yrs ( salt over shoulder whist not running over cat moment )

CaptainSlow

It’s a single, low level oven. I’m going to try changing the element as I think that’s the bit that has failed.

leffeboy

In my experience it’s more often the temp. controller that goes rather than the element. If you have a multimeter you should be able to check both

CaptainSlow

Feeling rather pleased, ’twas the element so a nice cheap fix 🙂

Checked temp by melting sugar which was a new one on me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ovens’ is closed to new replies.