Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Outspoken Cyclists
  • Rickos
    Free Member

There’s a few on here…

Off of Twitter:

Hello! I am looking for outspoken 18-25yo cyclists for a live show on BBC3 on Wed 07.03. E: freespeect@mentorn.tv

Go for your lives Big Hitters! Although most are well over the age of 25…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

agist!

maccruiskeen

Although most are well over the age of 25…

STW is basically a care home, with Emsz popping in occasionally to wipe the dribble off our chins while we ramble about things that happened before she was born, like the 1980s.

z1ppy

😀 @ MacC

njee20
    Free Member

I’m in that age range. Out spoken… not sure.

Stu_N

Does the outspoken person actually have to say stuff, or just type it?

I’d love to see a forum “big hitter” with a speak and spell up against Nigel Havers.

clubber
    Free Member

That’s not dribble on their chins…

teasel
    Free Member

Go for it, Njee. You have good all-round experience as far as cycling goes and could add a balanced if not slightly outspoken opinion on most things bike-related.

You also have previous form…

fasthaggis

I’d love to see a forum “big hitter” with a speak and spell up against Nigel Havers

With special guest Matthew Parris .
    All chaired by Andrew Marr.

😀

Rickos
    Free Member

agist!

You know I love you Teej! :love:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was once on a chat show, as a “cycling expert” with Edwina Currie as the host.

Sadly, I don’t think any footage survives.

ourmaninthenorth

I was once on a chat show, as a “cycling expert” with Edwina Currie as the host.

Sadly, I don’t think any footage survives.

clubber
    Free Member

Edwina – hmm would have thought she’d be your type CFH. Did you? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, a gentleman never tells. I’ll take that as a yes 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Go for it, Njee. You have good all-round experience as far as cycling goes and could add a balanced if not slightly outspoken opinion on most things bike-related.

You also have previous form…

Thank you 🙂

Who did this come from out of interest – Googling the email address bring up this thread, don’t really want to just send an email saying “some randomer online told me to email you to say I’m outspoken”. Or is that the test? Are you audacious enough to randomly contact them. Should I rant about car drivers in this ‘application’!?

Edit: aah, just seen the typo in the email address. I’m going to apply!

mark85xc
    Free Member

More programme info:

New series. Jake Humphrey hosts a live debate show from a different location each month, giving viewers the chance to have their say about important issues. Radio DJ Gemma Cairney joins the panel in east London to discuss benefit cuts and other topical stories

maccruiskeen

Ah, a gentleman never tells. I’ll take that as a yes

CHF may be stoically tight lipped, but I think Edwina wrote a book (or two) about it

While you shouldn’t really judge a book by its cover, Edwina’s books appear to mostly be about ankles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

cookeaa

Hello! I am looking for outspoken 18-25yo cyclists for a live show on BBC3 on Wed 07.03.
    E: freespeect@mentorn.tv

Translation:

Hello I’m after a gobby, thick attention whore (only sort they really allow on BBC3), who happens to own a push-bike.
    We’d like them spount uninformed, prescribed shite in a poorly staged debate alongside a minor MP, a van driver from slough and a page 3 model, that will fail to hold the attention of the dribbling moron target audience for more than 15 seconds…
    And they’ll be back off to see which Friends re-run is on E4 (I bet its not the only good one, where Joey tries get his statutory rape conviction overturned, and Ross comes really close to topping himself)….

That’s the trouble with being limited on characters really…

maccruiskeen

for a live show on BBC3 on Wed 07.03

Its a bit early in the morning for me

project
    Free Member

bbc3 doesnt start till 19.00 hrs so its a recorde highlights and edited show then.

cookeaa

Jake Humphreys?

I take it Lofty is short of work now the Beeb went and pissed away the F1 rights…

Don’t worry once his contracts up I’m sure Rupert will find room for him on Sky, and they can stop trying to formulate poorly thought through vehicles to get his mug on the box…

Rickos
    Free Member

Wednesday 7th March, not 7.03 in the morning.

njee – it was a tweet by Charlotte@MentornTV or @Charlotte_TV and she’d done a typo in the e-mail (who says the BBC is dumbing down?), but you’ve already worked that out.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I look 25? 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

Do they really want an ‘outspoken’ cyclist?

I mean, Jeremy Clarkson is ‘outspoken’, but hardly the sort of person you’d involve in a proper/serious debate about anything.

I hope they end up with someone sensible, and not just some guy with a head cam and access to YouTube. Although I suppose that’s exactly what they want, to create a ‘lively’ debate.

crazy-legs

Hello I’m after a gobby, thick attention whore (only sort they really allow on BBC3), who happens to own a push-bike.
    We’d like them spount uninformed, prescribed shite in a poorly staged debate alongside a minor MP, a van driver from slough and a page 3 model, that will fail to hold the attention of the dribbling moron target audience for more than 15 seconds…

Alternatively:

we’re after an outspoken cyclist who we can set up to look like a right prat in a staged debate about how all cyclists jump red lights, don’t pay tax and mow down old grannies on the pavements.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Outspoken Cyclists’ is closed to new replies.