Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Our dog just ate a pear!
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

We were picking up pairs off the floor from our tree and dropping the ones already being tucked into by ants slugs or whatever and the dog thought it was a game so started running around with one in his mouth. We sort of left him to it and next I saw him getting another pear from the bottom of the tree (windfall one) and eating it.

I then saw the left overs of the first one.

I wouldn't have believed it unless I'd seen it myself but he was really enjoying them.

Labrador by the way so probably not that surprising.

tails
    Free Member

your dog is saracin

uplink
    Free Member

Our dog loves pears, apples. broccoli cauliflower etc etc.

midlifecrashes

I used to eat apples core and all. I'm no longer allowed to as our rescue Springer has made it quite clear to us all that apple cores are reserved wholly for him, he can be very insistent if it looks like I'm relapsing.

backhander
    Free Member

Mine eats any fruit or veg, even dropped garlic and onions.
    to be fair there's very very little that he wont eat. Pills are easy, I just show one to him and he sits up and begs for it.

izakimak
    Free Member

my old cat used to eat cheese and it's own puke!

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Foxes eat berry's and fruit in the wild.

Lots of domestic dogs love fruit and veg but we often don't think to give it to them. We had to fence off the strawberry patch from our Alsation as she ate all the ripe ones, checking each day to see if more were ready for her. See was great with picking gooseberries and raspberries off the bush too – much quicker than us. I think she could smell the fruit that was ready for eating. She would just leave the 'core' of any ripe rasberries hanging on the bush and she never seemed to get scratched by thorns when picking fruit, even deep into a gooseberry bush.

My mother always had to buy extra carrots, as if she was preparing them, our dog would sit and cry until she was given one or more from the bunch – she would go through loads in a week. She would go to our apple tree as well (some distance away) select a fallen apple and carry it back to the house where she could eat a bit at a time while watching the view over the fields.

Never give them raw potato though as its somewhat poisonous uncooked, both for dogs and for us.

djglover
    Free Member

I saw a nice pair earlier 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

my dog likes cow shit!!!

colnagokid

My dog loves most fruit n veg, doesnt do peas or potato tho. Pineapple is a particular fave

Lionheart
    Free Member

Ours loves apples but its messy later, the last one loved radishes but serious wind followed! 🙄

montylikesbeer

Monty is partial to the odd grape, sweet satsuma and courgette !

Mind you he is not fond of asparagus, even when smothered in chicken gravy (gravy gets licked off leaving said asparagus)

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Candodavid – Member
    my dog likes cow shit!!!

When domiciled in Ireland as a youth, my dogs enjoyed eating sheep shit when I walked them by the river. Apparently it's something to do with wolves eating their pups crap to keep the den clean.

mogrim

My dog usually has a root through the cat's litter tray to see if there's any "food" available…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Our dog loves frozen peas, cucumber, carrots, apple cores (doesn't know what to do with a whole apple) etc.
    My GSD I had previously used to steal potato peelings amongst other things.

I don't think dogs are supposed to eat oinions/garlic/tomatoes though.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I don't think dogs are supposed to eat oinions/garlic/tomatoes though.

Or a lot of other things, including Marijuana and String 😯

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030

Dobbo

Dr Dolittle – Member
    When domiciled in Ireland as a youth, my dogs enjoyed eating sheep shit when I walked them by the river. Apparently it's something to do with wolves eating their pups crap to keep the den clean.

We take our neighbours dog out and it will eat sheep poo some times, apparently dogs only go for lamb poo as it has milk in it from the mother. According to the afore mentioned neighbour!

backhander
    Free Member

To clarify, I do NOT give the dog onions and garlic. He's never more than a foot away if you're in the kitchen and any dropped food usually doesn't hit the floor. EBTs are hungry beasts!

miketually
    Free Member

Ours nibbles blackberries straight from the plant. She once nicked a banana, which we found the banana skin in the garden.

She once lapped up a very fresh cow pat.

She's also, twice, eaten an entire pack of butter.

woodsman
    Free Member

They (dogs) eat tin foil and sh1t – a pear is hardly eyebrow raising – unless he poached it in red wine before devouring it!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

My lab eats pretty much anything. Including leaves, spiders, windfall fruit, branches, anything on the kitchen floor no matter what it is and strawberrys straight off the bush up the garden…

She also brings me presents when we're out walking…

Resin42
    Free Member

Awesome! Did she pull the pin and disappear like Batman? 😀

montylikesbeer

tree mag that is a cute lab

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Resin42 –
    Awesome! Did she pull the pin and disappear like Batman? 😀

Unfortunatly not. I'll have to start training her better.

montylikesbeer –
    tree mag that is a cute lab

Aye, she's pretty awesome! 😀

Dobbo

If we're doing dog pics…

maxlite
    Free Member

Labradour again, we thought of calling ours Dyson as she hoovers anything!

Eats blackberrys as a snack during walk

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Our cat will eat pretty much anything he's given the chance to, except green veggies & mushrooms.
    Watching him eat hot chillis was amusing though!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Our dog just ate a pear!’ is closed to new replies.