Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • OTish – badly creaking Ribble roadie
  • fishboy
    Free Member

Ok, so this is driving me mad! I’ve got an aluminium Ribble road bike with carbon seat stays and for the past 6mths or so its been creaking like buggery around the bottom bracket area, or at least thats where it sounds like its coming from. Its about 3yrs old but hasn’t been used very much to say the least!

Anyway, I’ve checked for loose anythings and even replaced the BB but the damn noise is still there. Only creaks under moderate or higher pedalling pressure and does it whether I sit or stand on the pedals. No signs of paint damage which might indicate a problem with the frame itself (??) so I’m at a bit of a loss really.

The only thing I can think of is that the creaking might be coming from one or more of the points where the carbon seat stays are bonded to the ali frame. Anyone got any experience of this or can suggest anything else that I should check?

Any help much appreciated!!

Cheers, Andy.

aP
    Free Member

Look at the headset and bars.

trail_rat
    Free Member

pedals tight ? had a similar problem and it was down to the SPD-rs being **** ….we tried everything from bb , chains , rear hub bearings , bars , stems the lot ! changed pedals and voila !

fishboy
    Free Member

Cheers guys, doesn’t sound like its coming from anywhere near the front end but I’ll check anyway. Definetly not the pedals though, get exactly the same noise regardless of which foot is doing the pushing, and its at exactly the same point in the stroke – near the bottom is worst not surprisingly I guess.

It doesn’t half take the edge off of what should be pleasant rides!

A.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘OTish – badly creaking Ribble roadie’ is closed to new replies.