Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • OT: Who doesn't ride a bike?
  • Seeing as most of you seem to spend half your lives talking crap in here 😉

Personally, I’m a competent MTB’er with a nice carbon 6″ AM bike sat in the shed. When I’m into it, I’m really into it, but atm probably haven’t ridden for 6 months. This isn’t due to loss of mojo, but working away from home and having a family to see at weekends. I have lost loads of weight though and hammered the gym at weekends – its easier than going on a ride and all its associated faffing.

I miss my riding though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine is very sporadic. Rode my Heckler 3 times last year, me hardtail less IIRC. Monstercross, road & cargo bike got way more miles, but fat bike hardly any (still borked)

I run too now so even less on the cards…but I get bored quickly and like variety.

I can’t abide running. And to the tagger – no ta, road riding is one step above running for me and only just at that!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You reckon those that don’t ride will admit to it?
    I spend most of my life on a bike – or it feels that way.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I spend more time cycling rather than mountain biking if that makes any sense.

Northwind

I’ve hardly ridden over the last few weeks, injury illness and weather 🙁 But I have been known to occasionally.

transapp
    Free Member

Hmm, very little recently due to breaking and dislocating my shoulder in August. Should get the all clear in the very near future though and it’s all systems go!

lunge

I rode my P7 6 times last year and my play bike maybe 3 times. Just completely lost interest in the faff of either riding for 30 mins on the road before the real riding or loading the bike into the car.

I’ve now bought a road bike and am loving it so far, no faff, lack of mud and much more speed. The P7 remains unloved for the moment…

supertramp
    Free Member

I don’t ride anywhere near as much as i should, I have trouble transporting a bike around with me a lot of the time. It is a constant ‘resolution’ to try harder! Though I had used to be a keen and competitive cyclist and rode a hell of a lot.

firestarter
    Free Member

Not ridden for about 6 or 7 months got no interest at the moment it may come back it may not. I have some new stuff to put on my crosscheck so that may help , when I can be bothered doing it lol. I’ve spent most of my time modding and riding my motorbike this year

john_drummer
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden since April, IIRC. Fisher Cake 2DLX FWIW. and a Fisher hardtail too.

anagallis_arvensis

Not ridden for nearly 4 years due to injury.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I ride a bike most days – from running errands to trail centres to wandering around the countryside

cynic-al
    Free Member

I turn some pedals most days for sure – but it’s not what I think the OP means by “riding”.

You may get into running STR…it’s fun as long as you ease into it.

GJP
    Free Member

Bloody hell and I thought I was a slacker 🙂

Not rode as much in the last 12 or months as I used to. I guess about 6 times a month over the last 12 months when I checked the Garmin, which surprised me as I thought it was a lot less.

But the quality and length of my rides has fallen off dramatically. Route often governed by which cafe does the best coffee and cake.

Current problem is that my Local cafe seems only to employ stunning young girls and insists they wear only shorts and low cut t-shirts all year round. Wouldn’t be too bad but it is only a couple of miles away. My cycling is doomed 😆

the-muffin-man

Did a dozen or so rides last year. Have completely fallen out of love with mountain biking.

Seriously considering selling the Ti Inbred and buying a half decent road bike as I would use it a lot more.

rp16v
    Free Member

ride my mtb at least twice a month ss road bike 2-3 times a weeks and try and do 30 mins on rollers every other night to keep the legs turning more over winter but things will change come spring.
    i have to say my re built ss hasent even seen a ride yet may sell tbh

racefaceec90

i haven’t ridden my duster for a long time (as in proper off road ride) due to depression/laziness 😳 as soon as the weather improves though,i plan on starting to ride again 🙂

angryratio
    Free Member

I’ve had a two week spell of no riding.
    I’ll be back on it tommorow riding to work.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ride the road bike all the time, I think my longest spell of not riding it was about 4 days. Absolutely enjoy it. I got back from the new years eve celebrations on Sunday evening and first thin I did was go out on road bike in the wind and the dark after not much sleep. I havent ridden my mtb for quite ages though, what a sorry state.

_tom_
    Free Member

On the road pretty much every day. The only days I don’t ride it are if I’m working lates or if I don’t fancy going out in the rain. Really enjoy it. mtb I only used to ride probably twice a month, I haven’t been on a decent mtb ride in at least a month. Partly post-whistler depression, partly the fact that I can’t afford the petrol to get anywhere good at the minute. Spending far too much on it just for the commute.

Jamie
    Free Member

Last time I was out on the road bike was 01/01/2012. It appeared to have been the last straw in my chest infection battle, gutted I have not been able to ride since, but I was on course to do myself a mischief according to the doc.

Like Al though, I run as well. So I split the 2 50/50 and would be gutted if I don’t do either at least 6 days a week.

brooess
    Free Member

I’m going to sell the Five. not ridden it for over a year. Prefer hardtail but like others, got bored of driving for as long as I ride, and road cheaper, less faff and better for fitness. Club riding, esp sprints can be as much fun as MTB.
    Using commuter a lot more tho so still riding plenty, just different bikes. All good 🙂

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

why would you come on this forum if you didnt ride?

sharki
    Free Member

After close to 3 months not riding the bike at all, i’ve recently loaded the panniers ad trailer and **** off back out on the road again.

Taking the knobblies off tomorrow after felling a tree or two as i still have less than fond memories of distance riding, tugging kit along the road for 50+ miles.

Might take up off road riding again when my walking mojo takes a break.

aracer
    Free Member

I ride a bike several times a week – the 1 mile each way trip to drop my littlest at nursery. Apart from that, it was over a month (maybe 2?) since I’d ridden a bike until the event I did on NYE. Mind you I have done a lot of cycling in that time, which might explain how I did so well.

takisawa2

Doing more running than cycling at the moment, & really enjoying it. Managed to keep it up through Xmas. Certainly keeping my fitness up. First (proper off-road) ride of the year tomorrow night. Cant wait.
    Usually commute with the kids but Dec/Jan/Feb bit too cold for them.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I havn’t ridden for about 2 weeks at the moment mainly because of alcohol getting in the way. And also the small matter of damaged tendons in my hand. However I plan to get out tonight and again tomorrow night and maybe Saturday morning too. I plan to ride every other day for the next couple of months in a bit to get fit for a trip up Snowdon.

And when I say ride I mean on a MTB in the mud.

GrahamS

*hand up*

My name is GrahamS and I haven’t done actual “mountain biking” for several years. 😕

Mainly coinciding with when I moved away from Glentress and friends that ride, then exacerbated by a bad back and the arrival of a baby!

“Riding” these days is commute by bike and the odd family pootle when the weather is nice.

I’m hopeful that a change of job and better weather will get me out again before the rubber on my knobblies perishes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. probably not worth adding to this thread as I do ride my bike(s)

Can and have taken time off mind, just to do something else, but in the main the bikes always been there for me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘OT: Who doesn't ride a bike?’ is closed to new replies.