Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OT-Motorcycle insurance claim woes
  • BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’m at the end of my tether with this;
    In April, my bike was involved in an incident, where two other cars had a smash-up and my bike was knocked over. I went through my insurance, they picked it up to repair and it’s now August. Still nothing done.
    There was a problem with one of the third parties, where he was driving his girlfriends car on an extension of his insurance. I have all details, names, addresses, insurance companies, but not the actual policy numbers.
    The repairers are adamant that I have to contact them to get the policy number and that they won’t or can’t do this. The brokers (Bennetts) won’t do it, and the insurers won’t do anything unless I want to claim on my own policy.
    Does this sound right? I can’t help feeling that the companies involved should be doing this.

jota180
    Free Member

They may be being a bit annoying but couldn’t you just do as they ask and try to get the policy/certificate number?

weeksy

call a solicitors called white Dalton. They’re motorbike solicitors specifically and will help you out.

Home

fasthaggis

As soon as I saw this thread title I thought ‘Bennetts’ 👿
    Keep on at them,I had bother over a stolen recovered bike.
    I have also met other bikers that have been messed about by them on claims.
    Good luck.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Weird thing is, I just called them, spoke to another advisor who said
    “ooh, no you shouldn’t be doing any of the leg work, that’s for us to do”
    In the past, I’ve always been told not to deal with third parties directly, but to go through their insurance companies. I tried calling the third party directly and was ignored basically.
    It’s only for a couple of damaged indicators and speedo shell too!

Liftman

*July

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OT-Motorcycle insurance claim woes’ is closed to new replies.