Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ot – kitchen window extractor fans
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Got a 150mm round hole in the window – my current window fan fell off last night when i turned it on for cooking.

Current one is only 6 months old , 35 quid manrose from screwfix so thats going back.

Issue i have is what to replace it with…. I bought the manrose as it has a shutter to stop the wind howling in in winter – i cant find anything else with this feature that isnt 150 quid and fits into windows – in 12 months time this window wont even exist and my cooker hood will be vented out the old chimney.

Any advice ?

wwaswas

get manrose replaced under warranty, put in window and hope it lasts 12 months this time?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I would but its a design issue that means it wont last long by design-

The 3 little plastic tabs and secure the two halfs together get a beasting when ever it gets turned on and off.

Was thinking more refund and try something else. – as with everything else in life 12 months could easily be 3 years …..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Got round to taking it back today ( ive been working abroad for last 9 weeks) , refunded no bother . We have had a few do that.

Decided not to replace with the same.

Strugling to find any other window mounts so have a tesco bag taped across the hole atm.

Ive tried screwfix , tool station and bnq in town. Now onto online.

Requirements are – non pullcord , auto backdraft shutters and fit in a 150mm hole – where do the tradies get theirs – or is everything wall mounted these days ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Would you believe there is an “extractorfanworld” from there i went to dry it out . Co.uk and ordered exactly what i wanted – 2 years guarantee too – all for less than the cost of the old one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ot – kitchen window extractor fans’ is closed to new replies.