Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • OT – breweries in the Keswick area
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Hi,

Myself and my better half are sharing a cottage with friends for NY in the Lake District (near Keswick). Can anyone recommend a good local brewery that would be willing to sell me a polypin of beer – a nice golden brew or an IPA? Ideally 36 pints as I think a barrel may defeat us, and I hate wasting good beer…well, any beer actually! And before the mtfu comments start raining in, 2 of our group are confirmed later drinking shandies.
    Cheers,

Andy

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Have you tried Thomas Hardy in Kendal?

peteimpreza

Not sure about Keswick but Jennings in Cockermouth may be able to help.

chakaping
    Free Member

Jennings is lovely and it was £16 for 16 bottles last time I was in Booths.

There’s a branch in Keswick. Also loads of other cheap bottles, for a bit of variety.

I only mention this in case you can’t get your polypin.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Try Keswick Brewery fella, i think they are based in Threlkeld, its on tap in the Dog & Gun. The guy that brews it is in the local Lions group with my old man, i’ll ask him for the number for you. 😀

freddyg
    Free Member

There is always the Keswick Brewing Company, oddly enough, in Keswick 8)

EDIT: Beaten to it 😆

jammiedodger
    Free Member

brewery at hesket newmarket has a shop selling mini kegs, you can also tour the brewery. Nice man there let us try before you buy too!

freddyg
    Free Member

Contact details:

The Keswick Brewing Company
    The Old Brewery
    Brewery Lane
    Keswick
    Cumbria
    CA12 5BY

E-mail:
    info@keswickbrewery.co.uk

Telephone:
    017687 80700

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Thank you for all the recommendations – am looking at the Jennings site now. I can use Google with the best of them, but there’s no substitute for a bit of local knowledge.

jp-t853

Have a drive to Jennings they will fill you up. Cocker Hoop will do the trick.

I used to work for Jennings before WDB took over so I’m a bit biased but they are far better than the local micro breweries quality wise.

Ok line up and take your shots.

chakaping
    Free Member

Golden Host is v nice too, if you wanted a golden beer.

🙂

chriswilk
    Free Member

try the Hawkshead brewery in Stavely, very nice beer. Then spend time oogling expensive bikes in Wheelbase

freddyg
    Free Member

I have recently consumed a fair amount of produce from the Stringers Brewery of Ulverston. Very nice it is too – I particularly like their Golden Ale.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OT – breweries in the Keswick area’ is closed to new replies.