Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • OT: anyone watching Frankie Boyle's Tramadol pants on 4
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

as Frankie himself says he’s got zero respect for anyone that watches it.. and I respect his outlook

If you’re stupid enough to believe him let alone respect him for that…go you!

yunki
    Free Member

If you’re stupid enough to believe him let alone respect him for that…go you!

brilliant.. you’re a genius.. I have a different view from you.. so that makes me stupid in your eyes..? Unless you are Frankie Boyle or a close personal friend of his your logic is flawed and your arrogance misplaced..

you really are a nause Al.. I’m starting to literally hate your online persona.. what are you like in real life..?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Less irritating for sure (I hope).

My point is if the guy will have had to put his all into pitching for and making the show.

Do you really believe that he doesn’t value the output at all? I think that to do so is pretty stupid. It just doesn’t make sense.

Pook

My point is if the guy will have had to put his all into pitching for and making the show

I doubt very much that he had to. I reckon he’s been given a massive boost by appearing on mock the week at C4 wanted to cash in on that.

I’m not one for ‘fluffy’ comedians. The current crop ie: John Bishop etc (he was awful in Edinburgh when i saw him a few years back, awful now. Russell Howard was refreshingly good however compering Late and Live), but FB’s show last night was just scraping the barrel. The only thing that made me chuckle was some of the stand up and the George Michael sketch.

goog
    Free Member

best bit of comedy I’ve seen since Benny Hill popped his clogs

Junkyard
    Free Member

bit poor some just not funny stuff especially the sketches
    Also seen him live and he repeated many gags /themes from TV shows- which he still seems to be doing Jeremy Kyle dna joke for example.
    He was less funny than his warm up live disappointing.
    I agree funny at forst for his near the bone offesniveness but he seems to have no greater skill or newer “targets”

cynic-al
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    Also seen him live and he repeated many gags /themes from TV shows-

They all do that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not the good ones al – they can come up with new funny material.

yunki
    Free Member

Do you really believe that he doesn’t value the output at all? I think that to do so is pretty stupid. It just doesn’t make sense.

It’s a grey area for me if I’m honest.. I read his book and it seemed quite contradictory on this point..

Perhaps Frankie Boyle does actually hate his audience.. the braying idiots that laugh at his nasty jokes.. maybe he even hates himself..

My interpretation (if I insist on intellectualising him rather than just laughing along with the boy) is that possibly he hates a society so diseased that their humour had sunk so low.. or perhaps he hates the morons that spend their evenings glued to the idiot box in the corner of the room.. being spoon-fed their world view and prejudices..

He definitely seems angry sometimes.. I’m guessing that you think he hates societies apathy towards the issues that make up his subject matter.. or perhaps more likely that that you believe that he makes these assertions about his audience in a tongue in cheek manner and that really he loves them with all his heart and we all knew that all along really..

Do you think that he pitched the show as some kind of vehicle for good then..? Something to benefit society morally and culturally..? I haven’t given that side of the show any thought..

I’ve always just been one of the braying idiots

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d guess he did it to make money.

If he hates his audience, does that mean I should hate myself? (I’m not saying I don’t already).

Sorry I believe it’s just a load of BS.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I think, yunki, you may not be too far off the mark.

yunki
    Free Member

I like his new oxleyesque beard

Woody
    Free Member

Just watched on 4od and thought it overall quite funny (the fireman in the audience was a gift :). Trying a bit too hard to shock and apart from George Michael the sketches were dull and predictable but compared to some of the absolute dross of late, not a bad effort.

DezB
    Free Member

Just watched the recording of this. Totally agree with those who say the sketches were crap. Especially the Green Mile based one. That really dragged. I’ve not seen the film so whatever he was getting at was lost on me. Shame cos his standup has me in tears.

grumm
    Free Member

Finally watched it.

Bits were very funny, but as said the Green Mile sketch was really awful. The Knightrider one wasn’t great either.

Loved the instructional driving animations with George Michael, and he has some great lines in his standup.

eth3er
    Free Member

Just finished watching Stewart Lee’s comedy vehicle.
    Well scripted, good actors in relevant sketches with funny stand up bits in a tight focused show; everything Tramadol wasn’t. Shame really.

el_boufador

Sorry not watched the frankie boyle stuff but felt compelled to +1 eth3er: Stewart Lee’s comedy vehicle was great.

Lifer
    Free Member

Saw Stewart Lee a few weeks ago running through material for the new series of comedy vehicle, was not disappointed.

Saw Frankie Boyle at Bestival last year and he was brilliant, 45 mins seemed liked 10. Watched this last night and think I laughed twice.

Anyone heard of Doug Stanhope?

NSFW

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4&NR=1[/video]

eth3er
    Free Member

Once more, out of curiosity. Surely it has to be better; if not though lets all laugh at an unfunny one dimensional man sink his overstayed welcome.

Kato

The stand up is great, but the sketches are awful

cynic-al
    Free Member

C’mon, ye didnuh like “magic Wee Hing”?

eth3er
    Free Member

Last chance to catch the dying cinders.

sharki
    Free Member

Watched enough to decide it’s not comedy to my eyes or ears.

A few of his stand up bit made me smile, but that was soon taken away in an instant by most of what would happen next.

A good comedian for me is someone who can connect to the audience and stay connected. By that i mean, make them laugh from the off and maintain the laughter through out the show.

This is easier with stand up as you can react to the audience when they may of missed a joke or pun. Pop in a quick and easy one to get them back in the laughing mode then try and hold them there.

Dull, ineffective and will drop off the comedy circuit with all the style and grace that his efforts deserve.

Maybe it did that for some, which is i’m sure was the target group he aimed it at.

CountZero

From what I’ve seen and heard, which isn’t a huge amount, TBH, I’d like to bury him up to his neck and throw stones at him. I’d find it much more entertaining. Not so Michael MacIntyre, I’d just sit in front of him doing a routine and talk all the way through it. Desperately unfunny man, nothing I’ve ever seen or heard him do so much as raises a smile with me, let alone a laugh. Emo Philips, now he totally cracks me up.

GW
    Free Member

Lifer – I agree with all doug Stanhope said but it wasn’t funny at all. 😐
    Al Murray does the same thing far better.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Boyle’s child goes to nursery one block from my flat in Glasgow. Saw the guy a couple of weeks ago, draggin’ his kid home on a sledge.
    He didnae find the paedo jokes so funny when ah cracked them!
    Beardy bawbag.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘OT: anyone watching Frankie Boyle's Tramadol pants on 4’ is closed to new replies.