Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ordnance Survey, Get-A-Map
  • nsaints
    Free Member

Anyone using this, is it any good

Been using memory map for a few years, but I’m constrained by the map area I own. Just looked on the OS website site and they’re quoting £19.99 for full UK access to plan, print, import to Garmin via their ‘get-a-map’ application

things that seem to good to be true generally are – £19.99 seems to fall into this category compared to memory map pricing

Anyone with feedback?

nsaints
    Free Member

err…thanks..obviously my STW search wasn’t up to scratch
    So C_G did you subscribe?

wallop

Got a link?

cinnamon_girl

No I didn’t. I really should have another look at it!

There are some good deals on paper maps, I posted up a link a while ago. Try here:

http://www.dash4it.co.uk

BadlyWiredDog

I had a go with the paid-for version and it was pretty much okay tbh, though I download GPX files rather than printing. You can get a pretty good idea of how it works from the free option – the main benefit of paid for, from vague memory, is that you get a bigger chunk of map to plan routes on.

As an aside, OS does great mapping, but is a commercial nightmare. I bet their digital customers – ViewRanger, MemoryMap, Satmap, Anquet etc – are delighted that OS having charged them loads of money for mapping data are now in the process of developing their own, effectively subsidised, mapping app which will compete directly with their own customers. What’s that all about?

Anyway, I’d give the freebie version a go, see whether you get on with the basics, and make a decision based on that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey, Get-A-Map’ is closed to new replies.