Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Order From Canyon If You Like Being Overcharged
  • woodster

Further to my PSA in which I encouraged you to order in Canyon’s sale I can now say that I will never order from them again. My first order was fine and arrived with me being charged the stated amount. The second order I placed simply had them send me an initial invoice and then it went quiet, I received no confirmation or dispatch/tracking emails, but my order arrived on Monday.

When I checked my account they had taken two further payments one for the order value of £62.69 and a further one for £10.22. Looking at the invoice in the box it is listed at €72.91, I didn’t order in euros and nor would an exchange rate of 1:1 be fair (yet). Despite numerous live chat sessions and emails, I have been told”

“The correct amount of £72.91 in total was charged, for some reason we took this as 2 payments, one of £62.69 and one of £10.22. Sorry for any confusion.”

For some reason indeed. I have suggested they ought to have an “all bikes 50p sale” and later charge everyone £10k because that’s “the correct amount”

In the end it is only a tenner, but it really winds me up that they’re just able to dip their hand back into my account and help themselves.

Anyway rant over and if anyone has any bright ideas to get them to actually refund me then I’m all ears.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you have proof on invoice you ordered at 62.69 euros ?

martinhutch

Contact your bank and report the second transaction as an unauthorised payment.

Ewan
    Free Member

See my problems in this thready. They sent me a PDF invoice later with an increased amount.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-bargain-clearance-at-canyon/page/5

If they’ve taken two payments get the bank to cancel the other one. Don’t see how it’s your problem.

woodster

The only email I received regarding my order reads as follows (some info removed for privacy)

Hello,

Thank you for ordering with Canyon! Your order will be processed as soon as possible.

Please take note of your order reference number:

You have selected the following items:

——————————————————–

Continental GP 4000s II 23mm
    Tyre width: 23MM
    Item no. 000000000000117118
    £19.95
    Quantity: 2
    Total: £39.90

——————————————————–

High5 Box of 25 x IsoGel: Berry Plus
    Flavour: BERRY PLUS
    Item no. 000000000000146201
    £3.95
    Quantity: 1
    Total: £3.95

——————————————————–

High5 Box of 25 x IsoGel: Citrus Plus
    Flavour: CITRUS PLUS
    Item no. 000000000000146200
    £3.95

——————————————————–

High5 Box of 25 x IsoGel: Orange
    Flavour: ORANGE
    Item no. 000000000000146198
    £3.95

——————————————————–

High5 Box of 25 x IsoGel: Berry
    Flavour: BERRY
    Item no. 000000000000146199
    £3.95

——————————————————–

Shipping expenses : £6.99

——————————————————–

Bill-to address:

Ship-to address :
    see bill-to-address

Shipping:
    Standard

Payment method :
    credit card

Invoice amount : £62.69
    Included VAT: £10.45

If I just ask the bank to cancel the transaction what will happen? I don’t particularly want to end up fighting a credit mark or the like.

trail_rat
    Free Member

absolutely what they say …

They should have contacted you first. anyone know where the liability for shipping lies should he want to return the goods now simply on a misdescribed/mischarged rather than a simple i dont want them (in which he would be liable)

martinhutch

Planet X levels of shambles going on over there.

MSP

From your description, they are committing fraud, unless there is something more going on I just don’t see how it could be seen any other way. As it has happened to a few of you, I think you should get all your details together and report it as such.

martinhutch

Fraud requires intent.

How about using their strategy? Wait a year then invoice them for whatever amount you fancy.

MSP

Fraud requires intent.

Well they took an extra payment above the invoiced amount, have been notified of this and given a chance to rectify the situation but have refused to do so. That sounds intentional to me.

curto80
    Free Member

When they had all those problems 18 months ago they blamed it on their warehouse move and new database. Then they had a big PR drive where their CEO assured the market it was all getting fixed and would be fine. Wonder what their excuse is this time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The numbers look suspiciously like the VAT wasn’t included

woodster

New email

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Apologies for the confusion, yes you were charged in Euros, for some reason two payments were taken one of 62,69 Euros and one of 10,22 Euros.

This adds up to 72,91 Euros, the price you were given on your order confirmation found at the link below:

Only I wasn’t charged in Euros I was charged in GBP and I was never sent that confirmation, which is different to when I ordered as proved by their original email regarding the order and why would it be in Euros when I didn’t order in euros.

This is what came in the box

martinhutch

Just get your bank on to them. They are obviously hard of thinking.

akira

Unless VAT is 16.3% then I don’t think it’s is.

woodster

The numbers look suspiciously like the VAT wasn’t included

“Included VAT: £10.45” From above

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My bad, just a quick guestimate at the end of the day. Isn’t this what distance selling regs are for? Return the goods money back?

Ewan
    Free Member

I had the same thing – there was an embedded PDF in a second email I got a few weeks after i ordered.

martinhutch

My bad, just a quick guestimate at the end of the day. Isn’t this what distance selling regs are for? Return the goods money back?

OP will have to battle to get them to acknowledge their mistake and pay return postage if he returns it.

Just getting the tenner transaction reversed sounds like a fair outcome, as it seems to correct the currency bungle pretty neatly.

patriotpro
    Free Member

1) Ask your card issuer to do a chargeback….
    2) Relax and don’t use Canyon again…
    3) Move on with your life.

eskay

I ordered 4x GP4000 tyres, had a confirmation email for £86.79 and they arrived pretty quickly.

I have just checked by credit card statement and I was charged £86.78 (actually undercharged by a penny!). No further payments taken or emails received.

woodster

Thanks all. I’ll contact the bank and never bother Canyon with the difficulty of an order again.

avdave2

I’ll contact the bank and never bother Canyon with the difficulty of an order again.

Well do go back to them with a link to this thread and to any other forums you might have posted this on to show them that if they overcharge their customers their customers can end up inflicting a rather higher financial cost on them in lost orders.

martinhutch

actually undercharged by a penny!). No further payments taken or emails received.

Don’t relax yet. Your invoice will be with you in February 2018.

andyl
    Free Member

I noticed they dropped the price of the POC Cortex after a few days. Did anyone get a drop in price? (I suspect that is a sill answer).

I have £80 euros in both my confirmation email text and the emailed invoice.

woodster

Well do go back to them with a link to this thread

Already done along with the point that they charged me in GBP and asking when exactly they sent the confirmation email.

Several hours with no response, so I presume they’re busy looking into it…. 🙄

andy4d

And we were all told canyons order issues from last year were sorted……….

retro83
    Free Member

This sounds like another great SAP success story.

http://news.sap.com/canyon-bicycles-innovation-wheels/

Ewan
    Free Member

They’ve managed to resolve my problem – they’ve agreed to honour the original cost following my last email. Fair play for them backing down and doing the right thing in the end.

prawny

Not really fair play, they should have sorted it when you pointed out their cock up.

It looks like I was charged properly, but I don’t think I’ll be ordering from them again.

Ewan
    Free Member

Not really fair play, they should have sorted it when you pointed out their cock up.

I don’t disagree, but it would have been human nature to stick to their guns rather than backing down. That’s what I meant.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve just checked my credit card statement against my order confirmation for my Dude 9.0
    Order confirmation in £ and matches what was charged to my credit card.

I even got a call from canyons office in the UK regarding my purchase.

No complaints from me.

Canyon Bicycles Ltd
    Unit 72 Barwell Business Park
    Leatherhead Road
    Chessington
    Surrey
    KT9 2NY

I can dig out the phone number off one of my phone bills if anyone wants it?

woodster

Good to hear about your refund. I’m yet to receive a response at all.

So I guess order from Canyon if you’re prepared to chase up the fact that they illegally take extra money from you for the possibility that they may possibly pay it back if you make a big enough fuss. Or they may not.

Or shop elsewhere. I know which I’m going for,

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, I think I’d better check what they charged me. I ordered some stuff back in mid December. Received the stuff in good time… Then early this month got an “update on your order” from them.. wondered why. Maybe they’ve taken some more money. If so, I will not be accepting of this new way of selling!

[edit]Oh, I see, then another update:
    “Yesterday you received an email from us with the subject Your payment has been authorized concerning Order Number . This email was triggered by an error in our system and is not relevant to you. Please ignore all its contents.”

mmac
    Free Member

I bought a helmet in their recent sale. They sent the wrong size, so I emailed them to arrange replacement. Today I received an email confirming that I’d placed an order for a replacement (costing over 3 times the price of the original helmet). The payment method on the order confirmation is ‘LINK CREDIT CARD’, so I assume they’ve charged the credit card used for the original purchase. All without my consent!

woodster

How utterly disgusting. Perhaps tomorrow they’ll charge someone for some Friday office pizzas when they suddenly decide they got too good a deal the first time round.

oysterkite
    Free Member

Blimey, some very strong responses to what seems like a fairly minor issue, be patient, remember that humans work at Canyon and they do a great job most of the time. Occasionally things don’t work like they should .They really aren’t interested in alienating customers for the sake of a few euros and on the whole give great value for money and great customer service. (Full disclosure I’ve had a few canyons and have always been very pleased , there have been a few issues along the way but all resolved ).

curto80
    Free Member

Oyster that’s a pretty generous interpretation of the sh1te show that seems to be going on at Canyon more often than not. And I say that as a happy Canyon owner. This isn’t just the odd mistake once in a while, stuff like this involving them is all over the internet.

onehundredthidiot

I’m thinking of making a purchase and after this thread asked them if price quoted was the price in sterling I’d be charged. Response was “Hi ******, the prices you pay are in pounds sterling and as advertised on our website. We had a glitch end of last year while we updated our systems but are clear of that now so no problems moving forward. Order with confidence!”

Make of that what you will.

woodster

So an update. I emailed the CEO as suggested by Ewan in the other thread (Cheers!) and got a decent response this morning which I suspect is related. Since I posted the other messages I thought I’d add this one.

“I wanted to take this on personally so that I can ensure we find an acceptable resolution.

I would like to apologise for the issue you have experienced with your order, we had an issue with the pricing on the UK website, this was rectified but unfortunately this automatically corrected the pricing on your order, hence the increased £10.22 applied.

We take payment on the day of shipping, and this is at the same time the invoice is created and the contract agreed. We took two payments as the initial authorisation was for the lesser amount.

I completely agree that this is not good practice, I just wanted to explain how the mistake arose. In order to move on in a positive way, I have processed a refund of the £10.22 on to your payment card now.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help in any way I can, in the meantime I hope you have a good weekend and are able to get out on the bike!

Sincerely,
    Aaron,”

So it does seem like the set-up will inherently cause issues, but glad to get a resolution and I suggest anyone else with issues emails the address above.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Order From Canyon If You Like Being Overcharged’ is closed to new replies.