Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange weights
  • zerocool

Does anyone know the weights of a stock Alpine 160 and the Five AM?

Tom KP

Rorschach
    Free Member

Both 18″ 5am 32.1lb,Alpine 34.4lb.
    I used to have the weights of every bike in the shop written on the workshop wall.

stuartddancer
    Free Member

34 lbs pal for the 160, big job deciding between the 2? I have alpine 5 mine at 32 lbs with a build that will take the knocks. Recently demo’d the 160 and pedals aswell on the up but is different gravy going down!

skywalker
    Free Member

If you are choosing between the two forget the Five AM, way too slack and it handles like the Titanic as I’m sure many will agree.

The quoted head angle on the Orange site is 66 degrees with 36’s (545mm A2C). If you go off the 67 degree head angle quoted on the Five pro with 32’s (512 mm A2C), and put it in here, you will see the head angle for the Five AM is actually 65.4 degrees. Fine for a DH bike, not so good otherwise.

The weighs Rorschach said seem spot on.

oxnop
    Free Member

I owned the five am prior to my 2011 160.

My 160 with coil weighs under 32lbs now ( 1×10 xtr, tubeless with maxxis exo tyres) and is ina different league to the five. IMO climbs as well as the five but (as said above) a different league.

zerocool

Cheers for all the speedy responses guys. Looks like I’ll be getting the Alpine 160. Hoping it’ll be able to replace both the DH and the AM bike. Now the dilemma is Neon Pink or not?

Tom Kp

skywalker
    Free Member

My local bike shop has one in red and it looks very nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange weights’ is closed to new replies.