Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Orange gyro, should i?
  • tommy19
    Free Member

Hi all, for the last few weeks i have been trying in vain to get a lappierre zesty 314 as everywhere is sold out, i then looked at the possibility of an orange five.
    well today a ring around the local bike shops turned up one of the 50 orange gyros and its in my size and its a good deal as the shop are willing to throw in a few extras, its more than i origianly wanted to spend but it sounds like a good deal, what do people think of the gyro?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Can you test it?

druidh
    Free Member

tommy19 – Member
    what do people think of the gyro?

I doubt anyone here has ridden one. It’s also got 29″ wheels – is that really what you were looking for given you’ve been looking at a 314?

ads678

Yeah do it. Then tell us all what it’s like!

timc
    Free Member

Orange Demo fleet has one

Paceman
    Free Member

It’s a different beast to the Zesty. You should definately try to get some sort of demo before diving in.

Bregante

Isn’t the gyro similar money to a zesty 514, which you earlier dismissed as it was out of your price range, despite being interested in a 314? Just saying like 🙂

It really, really sounds like you need to demo a few first so you can decide what you want.

stufield
    Free Member

well please don’t speak too loudly about it as was put off by a dealer saying it wasn’t available in their demo so have bought a rumblefish as they made me think it was vapourware and still in prototype. And I really think it looks fab.

tommy19
    Free Member

Well I now own a orange gyro and to say I am chuffed would be an understatement, absolutely lovely bike, and with £300 of free kit that I would have had to buy anyway it was a very good deal, I am picking it up tomorrow so I will let you guys know more then 😀

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Pics or its not true.

tommy19
    Free Member

As I said I’m picking it up tomorrow but there will be pics ASAP.

Paceman
    Free Member

and a first ride review please 😉

tommy19
    Free Member

Will do, does nobody else on here have one yet?

skywalker
    Free Member

I would

stufield
    Free Member

bugger – well hope you enjoy it would love to see pics

tommy19
    Free Member

I took a few snaps on the phone will try to get them up

scraprider
    Free Member

was up at cycle surgry in exeter tonite , they have one. must say it looked nice.

tommy19
    Free Member

That’s funny I bout this from cycle surgery in bristol

billysugger
    Free Member

I’ve got one.

They’re rubbish.

:mrgreen:

tommy19
    Free Member

I take it that’s a joke

tommy19
    Free Member

how do i get pictures up?

scraprider
    Free Member

bottom of page bud , forum help

tommy19
    Free Member

not great but here are some pics
    photo (2)

scraprider
    Free Member

sweet.

skywalker
    Free Member

Looks very nice.

tommy19
    Free Member

thanks guys, to be honest i was expecting a fair amount of orange hatred but i have been plesantly surprised

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Thats nice but a lot of cash to throw at a 29er when you were looking for a Zesty 😯

vdubber67
    Free Member

I was going to make a comment but it was going to be sarcastic so I won’t bother. Hope you like it 🙂

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Tommy, it looks lovely.

Whilst all brands split opinions, imhm, as an ex clockwork, 2x p7 owner, with the exception of the X1,orange haven’t really made a duff bike in nearly 20 years, and I doubt they’re about to start now.

Gz, it looks great, and I am sure it will be… enjoy and well done…

tommy19
    Free Member

well they chucked in a giro feature helmet £70 a set of dmr vaults £90 a lezayne pump £50 a camelback £70 and a set of royal gloves £20

tommy19
    Free Member

Off to collect this in a minute, I feel like amid at Christmas, I will post up some decent pics when I get back, after I have a play mind 😀

tommy19
    Free Member

Not amid! A kid. Auto correct on an iPad is terrible.

voodoo192
    Free Member

And….. Either the first ride was fatal, or you have been render speechless by the sheer quality of this bike. 😀
    Am looking at one of these so would be good to know your thoughts

coatesy
    Free Member

Last weekend we loaned one to a regular customer, he took it to Coed y Brenin, and on a bike/trails he’d never ridden previously, he took second place in the Junior XC Nationals. Probably says a lot about him and the bike.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Orange gyro, should i?’ is closed to new replies.