Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange Five Paint
  • Andy-W
    Free Member

Hello All !!,

Just got myself a Orange Five and I am wondering whats the best way to look after the paint.

I could cover it in copter tape a crud catcher and a chainstay protector the only problem i see with that is the underside of the tubes is where all the welds are, would copter tape stick ok over that ?

And i am not too keen on having a big chainstay protector on my rear swing arm (i dont like the look of them on the Five frame)

Then there is the cost of it all

At the moment i am just thinking about riding it and when it looks a bit stone chipped and tatty get it re-painted all posh and new again

Any ideas or other top tips boys n girls ?

Cheers,

Andy

Richyb
    Free Member

Ive got a couple of those carbon patches where cable rub is bad (above shock), and you can cut down an innertube and slide it over the swingarm for a tidier chain protector other than that just ride it and get it re-sprayed when it gets very tatty.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I’ve just got a new five too. I’m just going to put some copter tape on the swing arm re chain slap and that’s it.Don’t think there’s anything wrong with MTB’s showing there scars.

mildred

I put copter tape on the down tube without any problem. I use a hairdryer whilst putting it on so it stays fairly supple and sticky. A few air bubbles appear sometimes but just squeeze them out whilst aiminga the hair dryer at it and they come out fine.

el_diablo
    Free Member

I’ve stuck a bit of copter tape on the swing arms to stop chain rub and velcro under the swingarm to stop chain damage, other than that, you should be fine. The paint is as hard as nails. You might get a bit of cable rub, but after the first ride, you’ll know where to stick any patches.

you can see my protection here…..

Andy-W
    Free Member

some people use sticky velcro on the underside of the swing arm to keep the noise down a bit

anyone given that a go ?

cheers,

Andy

el_diablo
    Free Member

err, yeah I have, see above!

Andy-W
    Free Member

ooops you beat me too it ……..

enfht
    Free Member

The first scratch is always the worst, just keep telling yourself to MTFU and you’ll soon stop crying

After that you’ll be proud of the battle scars.

Maybe add something to stop chainslap but anything more and it’s like covering your sofa in that stupid see-through plastic, or never peeling the plastic film off your TV remote control

scuttler

Yeah yeah. But what colour is it???

My missus wants to know – I obviously don’t care…;-)

Andy-W
    Free Member

Oh sorry its Mandarin Orange !!

Just getting back into the MTB lark after a few years off so expect a few more questions from me 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five Paint’ is closed to new replies.