Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Orange Carbon Frame – Part II
  • nonk
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

racist 😯

godihatehills
    Free Member

I thought they had a ltd production run of roadie frames a while ago- the roadie- o ?
    doesnt matter if the 5 has bottle racks or not- if its carbon tubed who knows what the tube profiles are and therefore whether or not they can fit bottles on a carbon 5.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It IS a roadbike….
    There IS a 29er G-series…..

Northwind

geetee1972 – Member

I’m guessing that the Five is their most popular bike.

Apparently it’s one of the hardtails, I forget which though.

matt_outandabout

It IS a roadbike….
    There IS a 29er G-series…..

ace.

next step a 29er ST4 for me out of carbon, with a free frame for me as I had the original idea….

Rorschach
    Free Member

They sell more g-series than all the others combined 😯

myheadsashed

already got a Dynamo 2 road bike although sadly past it’s best!!!

one of 50 IIRC

wallop

I like it! Puts the fun back into road bikes.

smell_it
    Free Member

From the road.cc article

We know we’re probably pitched £100-£150 more than other bikes with good carbon frames and Shimano 105 components but our customers being mountain bikers are used to…

buying our over priced mountain bikes 😉

but seriously, I’m sure it will make a great bike for someone who wants to say ‘I’m really a mountain biker’ whilst on a road bike.

Gary_C

Puts the fun back into road bikes

Surely an oxymoron ??

ton

everyone sells out eventually…………..money talks…… 😆

druidh
    Free Member

So – they’ve bought some generic carbon frames and forks from the Far East, spraying them up and bolting some generic parts on them.

Sounds classy.

Kit
    Free Member

Colin, going to reply to either my email or my phone message (or this forum post)? 😉

warton
    Free Member

2K for 105. way overpriced IMO.

Surfr
    Free Member

Looks like those older Chinese open mould frames with a different fork.

http://dengfubikes.com/product.asp?id=13&classid=21

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Epic dissapointment 🙁 Carbon 5 would have been lovely, but then again I struggle to rationalise the cost of my Pitch let alone £2k frames!

And it’s not overpriced really, can’t say that untill there’s been some test rides? It might be a competitor for £2k frames* for all we know! In the same way a 5 is overpriced compared to a Heckler or Pitch, but not an Intense or Yeti, which are probably it’s main competitiors.

*or it might not

D0NK

Looks like those older Chinese open mould frames with a different fork.

erm that dengfu frame is carbon which is about all it’s got in common with the orange. I’m not saying orange didn’t order it out of a catalogue but it weren’t that model. Seatstays and downtube curve in different directions and headtube area looks different.

“We’ve also kept it simple on things like a BB30 bottom bracket,” – there isn’t one

🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Exactly my thoughts Surfr. They need to slam that stem too, looks awful with the enormous stack of spacers 😯

MRanger156
    Free Member

Looks like one of these to me.

foodfly
    Free Member

Damn, just as I’ve finished getting the parts for my 90s Orange Dynamo steel frame. I wonder if they’ll do a frame only, but I doubt it with a run of 60. I’m surprised too that it’s £1900 with only 105.

ratherbeintobago

I’m surprised too that it’s £1900 with only 105.

I’m not; 2009 Cannondale Super Six 105 was about that, with Aksium wheels which I think are a lower spec than those Eastons.

Andy

ro222
    Free Member

Is it not about time Orange did a decent cyclocross bike before doing a road bike? I’m sure they’d be capable of doing a good ‘cross bike (something that looks a bit like the road bike on page 1..).

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Orange Carbon Frame – Part II’ is closed to new replies.