Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Orange 5 Vs Santa Cruz Blur LT
  • Shepdon
    Free Member

Hi all
    I all ready own and ride an orange 5 pro so know what they are like but how does the Blur LT compare with the orange 5? Was looking at the SC Blur LT in Don Skenes today and have to say it looks a very good bit of kit. What is the VPP suspension set up like to ride?

Oh and some pictures of Blurs would be nice with different builds

Regards

oxnop
    Free Member

Here is my old LTc

Really liked it, it never felt wallowy and was super stiff. Sold it as I wanted something slacker and bought this (which even though weighs 33lbs and is 1×10 I prefer riding down and up on)

My GF had a LT2 (which she loved) but it was stolen 🙁

I owned a five a few bikes ago, which I wish I had never sold hence why I probably bought the alpine

twohats
    Free Member

Good to see that you got the shock the right way round on the Alpine!

lcj

Oxnop, I have your five pictured there, would be interested in your alpine if you want the five back? Cheers

roblane65
    Free Member

this is mine best allrounder I’ve owned.It’s got a reverb post on it now 😆

xc4pot
    Free Member

Why all the coil shocks on the blut lt??

I do love my blur, super stiff and a really nice ride. Do need a little more love than the single pivot orange. As for geometry, they ride a little slacker than the headangle suggest, if you want some thing lower and slacker and still a santa cruz, wait a month for the blur trc.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevorflint/3643136866/]DSCN3162[/url] by trevorflint82, on Flickr
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevorflint/5462419221/]DSCN3605[/url] by trevorflint82, on Flickr

blade-jac
    Free Member

Very different bikes, i found the heckler very much like the Orange 5. Loved the descents on the heckler.

i have the blur lt. love it…..

Shepdon
    Free Member

Bump, anyone else had experience of the both bikes

hambl90
    Free Member

I had a 5 ,now have a blur ( not lt ) the vpp is excellent obviously needs more attention but worth it in my opinion, don’t even feel the need to use the lockout on climbs, and personally don’t even miss the extra travel.

Kryton57

Hi

@ Oxnop & roblane – I just wondered whats your experience with coil on VPP? I’ve just added a pushed van R onto a Tracer VP and am getting a near hardtail experience/feel over loose gravel/pebble type trails in this dry weather, although it swallows dips in the trail small / medium / large drops admirably. Could be an issue with preload on the shock but I wanted to know whether this is common to VPP with coil perhaps?

Cheers

glynP
    Free Member

Hmmm I have an LTC but found it a little steep even with my 160mm Bos devilles, I have an angle set on it now with an extra 1 degree of slack. Thats transformed the bike in my opinion. I would love to have a coil shock on it to try or I might send the RP23 to TF to get it tuned better. I think both are super bikes

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Had my LT2 for 3 years, and the only thing I would change it for is the carbon version. Recently had to change the top bearings (bearing cost covered by warranty). Lover ones are fine – grease gun on the nipples once every couple of months.

Personally don’t understand the coil shocks as IMO the bike is better suited to air shocks to keep the weight down for climbing. Also don’t understand the comment about the head angle being too steep. I do a lot of big steep descents and find it’s fine with a 140mm Pike.

My Blur LT2 Aug 2010 by CaptainMainwaring1, on Flickr

Shepdon
    Free Member

Hi OXNOP where did you get your Alpine polished, now thinking of getting my 5 done. I Think your Alpine looks stunning

Regards

kaesae
    Free Member

Orange is a bit too outdated for me and before someone says why change what works.

I change my pants all the time for clean ones, even though when they get dirty, they still do their job 😯

igm

You probably change them for pants that are essentially the same though, not ones with twice as many legs holes that need maintaining twice as often.

kaesae
    Free Member

😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Orange is Simple Easy & Fun – Point ride, jump climb just does it no fuss no question

Blur – Managed to demo a Al Blur & a Carbon Nomad
    Hmm how to start more M&S than the Orange!! Climbs very well always felt planted to the ground. On Descent hit everything as hard as on the Nomad (Lakes way) and it handled it really well, found it hard to jump out the box though have heard from a few VPP owners that you might have to re learn that for the bike and how you sit in the travel. More a bike to work with I think.

If you want a simple single pivot do anything the heckler is 900-1100, the blur costs more but does more!!

kaesae
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Orange is Simple Easy & Fun

So is a donkey!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    mikewsmith – Member
    Orange is Simple Easy & Fun
    So is a donkey!

WTF you getting up to with donkeys? This thread is about bikes

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m not getting upto anything with donkey damn it! 😡 my chat up lines never seem to work!! 😯

Bregante

kaesae – Member
    I’m not getting upto anything with donkey damn it! my chat up lines never seem to work!

let me guess, you make an Ass of yourself?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 Vs Santa Cruz Blur LT’ is closed to new replies.