Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange 5 Rear Rim n Hub
  • siw80
    Free Member

Have no idea what to go with all advice is welcome,

have recently built up a 06 orange five frame an now need to replace the rear wheel. had been running it with the rim taken off my old rockhoper. can anybody advise what hub type to use? (it has std qr dropout)

tonyd

Whatever you fancy and can afford! What sort of riding do you do?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a rear 135mm QR one…..

Whatever your budget and preference for bearings and noise is.

Lummox

Agree with mike above, wheel choice is not bike specific apart from very rare instances. More important would be style/typical riding. If you’re not hammering rough rocky stuff regularly then you could go for a less robust rim choice.

My advice would be to find the most future proof hub you can, hope pro2 is a sound choice.

Or search out an old hope bulb (compatible with 12mm bolt through with adapters)

For what it’s worth I run a mavic en521 on a hope bulb, I’ve used this for everything from dh in the alps to trails in the south.

tonyd

Didn’t really want to use threads to tout stuff for sale, but since Lummox mentioned Hope Pro 2s 🙂 I have a pair of Mavic 819s on Hope Pro2s in the classifieds at the moment. The rear is set up for a maxle but easy to convert. I’d rather sell as a pair but let me know if they float your boat.

siw80
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, Ride a mixture of the trails in Sheffield, with the odd Wharnclife DH run now and then.

I am not the most experienced rider & don’t go in for big jumps/air but as its rocky around here something that will take a knock or two would be good.

thanks for the offer tonyd I think your going to want a bit more that I can go to right no and only need the rear. have seen a en521 on the bay of E with a pro2 will keep an eye on it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 Rear Rim n Hub’ is closed to new replies.