Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • orange 5 frame/stem size
  • sailor74
    Free Member

seen similar posts but no real answers yet.
    I got an 18 inch five, was running a 90mm stem with original bars which due to the huge sweep back was ok. After changing the bars to easton monkey lite i need a shorter stem. was thinking 70mm, my question therefore is what are other guys running?

CheesybeanZ

Hi mines 18 inch frame with a thomsom 90×10 deg and a set of easton monkey
    lite DH bars , with no spacers under the stem . i'am 5'10 if that helps.

Paul

slowrider
    Free Member

im 6ft and ride an 18 inch frame with a 50mm stem and 30 inch bar. i do like shorter stems though.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have orange 5 with Easton monkey lite bars too…. i have the smallest sized frame 14 inch (cos im a dwarf at 5ft small.! lol)

gusamc
    Free Member

5ft 5, 16" 50 stem with rise, (but am thinking of 70)

Artillerydave
    Free Member

6'2", size 18" frame, 90mm stem, inline post, Easton EA70 bars.

brooess
    Free Member

5'11'' running an 18 frame. Used to have 90mm stem with 130mm forks but recently changed to Pikes (140mm) which left the steering too slow. Now have 70mm stem. Easton EA70 alloy bars, 2 inch rise. And inline seatpost… fits good for me 🙂

iainc

5'10" with an 18 frame, 90mm Thomson stem, Easton Monkeylites, inline post and 20mm of spacers under stem

sailor74
    Free Member

Iainc, is your riding more downhill/jumping based? and is that the 90mm 10degree rise?

GaryLake
    Free Member

5'10" 18" frame 60mm stem – 40mm was hella fun downhill but rubbish in the climbs…

sailor74
    Free Member

got a 70mm 6deg rise on order, just not convinced it will have enough grip when cornering.

the other choice is 90mm 10 deg rise that i can take off another bike.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘orange 5 frame/stem size’ is closed to new replies.