Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Orange 5 colours
  • fattatlasses
    Free Member

I've done a search, but couldn't find the previous threads for this topic (sure there have been a few?!).

Anyway, as my wife has officially adopted my Five, I'm gonna get a Five frame to build up for myself 😀 Trying to make up my mind on colour, so wondered if anyone has piccies of their Fives that they'd mind posting.

I've got a nice new spangly white fork to put on the frame, so was thinking about a frame in white…or cosmic grey, er..or maybe gloss black, oh, or powder blue…..hmmmm HELP!

haddock
    Free Member

electric blue

The 'Tory' blues nice, its got a slight metallic finish, your Orange dealer should have a pack of 'actual colour' swabs so you can see what they would be like.

slowrider
    Free Member

get 'er polished

jackthedog
    Free Member

Yes, go to your official Orange dealer and they should have samples of tube in every colour.

For me it would be a choice bewteen White, Chrome Grey or Powder Blue.

EDIT: although polished does look pretty cool too…

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Wow, the polished finish give the frame quite a different look – in a good way tho. Did you have the frame stripped, or is that 'factory fresh'?

(just wondered whether to start off with a painted frame, then strip and polish when the paint got really tatty)

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Oh p.s. I popped into the local dealer and had a look at the colour samples – but I find it a bit difficult to visualise what the colour is going to look like on the frame. (wifes bike is 'fools gold', which didn't look much on the colour sample, but looks awesome on the frame).

slowrider
    Free Member

it was white originally, i had it stripped, polished and lacquered.

VooDoochild
    Free Member

I ordered my ST4 in silver. It's almost like polished but not as much work to keep it shiny.

takisawa2

Green. Always wanted a Green Orange 5.
    Go Green.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Re: green. I'd like one in metallic 'british racing green', but they don't do that colour 😥 Used to have a steel road bike in BRG and I reckon a Five with white forks and stan's rims (black w/red & white decals)would look ace – also a little bit stealthy for hiding in the bushes from ramblers when doing the odd bit of cheeky – er…not that I would do such a thing of course.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Hmm. A British racing green Orange 5…

Black spokes, colour matched rims, black forks, shiney silver seatpost and stem, union jack on the downtube with light grey Orange graphics.

Very Blower Bentley, quite like that idea.

bowglie

BRG, Appetite whetted! Perhaps we should suggest it to Orange?

carbon337
    Free Member

Get a free colour (White here) and use the money towards upgrades. Thats what i did with my new Pro.

Hope BB and Headset rather than the Apple Green I nearly purchased.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

like how u keep that bike near a radiator just like me 🙂 they love it after those cold wet rides ;p

GaryLake
    Free Member

My much unloved (by others, I love it) Fools Gold has been great. Not too far off stanchion colour so works with all fork colours. And in terms of wear – it stays new looking longer than all the other colours I've seen, and hasn't got a single chip in the paint despite my apparent desire to write the bike off in a crash on a regular basis.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Get a free colour (White here) and use the money towards upgrades

That's a v.good point – also quite lucky that two of the colours I like, cosmic grey & white, are free at the mo.

Got another decision now, buy a frame only and transfer kit over from current bike (a too small Pace 405), or dob the Pace in at Leisure Lakes for an off the shelf Five? ..hmmm..calculators out

jackthedog
    Free Member

BRG, Appetite whetted! Perhaps we should suggest it to Orange?

Maybe a Ltd edition Blower Five?

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Ah yes, Fools Gold. That's the colour of the Five that my wife has adopted from me. Love that colour and fork combo btw – great minds think alike. Ace fork for the bike bike aswell, talk about monstering rock gardens and ripping up berms 😀

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I'm almost going into childish over-excitement now, 47 going on 7 !! Ltd edition 'Blower Five' with white fork…Phwoar, white frame and fork…hmmm yes, and just thought…powder blue with white fork?

(I'm sure it's over compensation for my parents not getting me a Raleigh Chopper when I was a kid heehee)

el_creedo
    Free Member

For god's sake – don't get Chrome Grey, especially if you're paying for it. Dullest colour ever.

(BTW Mine is chrome grey – i was bored with that colour in a year!), I only got it because its a 2007 and the Fox floats were the same clour then, but it arrived with 2008 forks, in titanium!
    miffed. mind you – it was a standard colour then, so didn't cost me extra at least.
    My vote (to go with white forks at least) – Powder Blue or White.

The lush metallic apple green is sooooooooo nice, but you need black forks for that to work.

loco_pollo
    Free Member

Orange of course!

erny
    Free Member

Mines chrome grey with white fox floats which i think looks really nice but i'm kinda wishing i got apple green

montylikesbeer

Orange + 1 ………………it stands out more

jackthedog
    Free Member

Stands out more? 'Kin hell you're not kidding Monty, that colour is at risk of sending the world spinning off it's axis 🙂 Marvellous.

clareymorris

OMG that's actually glowing!

adam1330
    Free Member

Powder Blue here, had a grey one before, but much prefer the blue!

Lummox

An 'orange' orange was the way forward for me, std 'pro' model colour meant i could get the maxle rear for nowt.

montylikesbeer

you would even say it glowed…………………….. pity my riding doesn't

carbon337
    Free Member

If your getting a new pro they now come with maxxis advantage 2.25 back and front. Saves you 40-50 quid upgrading the MK 2.2's. Well at least mine did.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

chrome grey

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Crikey, there I was thinking I'd narrowed it down to white or powder blue – then orange pops in to confuse matters 😮 does look pretty good with white forks. Oh, and as for the dayglo….where's my geiger counter 8)

Another colour I'd thought about was metallic chocolate brown with white forks – although it's OK, you're safe, 'cos Orange don't offer it as a custom colour….maybe if I er…..no don't!

carbon337
    Free Member

Blue with White wheels looks good, a guy on here recently got one. Posted around 7th Jan.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Glad to hear they're speccing some decent tyres now BTW.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Bit of good news with my bike budget aswell – I've 'guilted' my wife for nicking my Fools Gold Five, so she's said that I can sell or trade in her old Spesh FSRxc to contribute to my new Five….Result! (should get at least 85p for it :wink:)

uuuhhhh…must resist Orange upgrade list…..

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep my hubby bought me an orabge five last summer and i took out a demo bike which was sassy pink i thinbk…very pink but very nice actualy,, i rode it for 6 hours that day ( i just coudlnt give the bike up at the end of the day…lol (which i did of course)….. but yep i was in the bike shop for ages looking at swatches…. but you cant really tell what the full bike is going to look like unless you know someone who has the colour that your after… anyway i decided on 'Apple green' (which we paid extra for to get that colour)… when i picked up the bike i was hoping id like that colour and not made a mistake… but when i got to bike shop ..there it was standing out….being admired…. glad i made that choice…..havent looked back since….. andits still in good nick now,,, only one small scratch…. good choice tho…

DaveE

Another vote for Chrome grey.
    Recently had new set of outline decals.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Yea, I knew I was in trouble when my wife had "just a quick go" on the demo Five that I borrowed last year. Tried my best to put her off by telling her it's ploddy on climbs and really ponderous on tight singletrack, but the last time we were on hols she had to borrow the Five 'cos her bike was in bits – & that's when she worked out I was fibbing 😕

My current masterplan is to make sure the new bike isn't in a colour that she likes – so powder blue's out of the question really. Gonna see what she reckons to Apple Green 🙂

pyekid
    Free Member

Fools gold here.
    But the apple green is very nice too.

huws
    Free Member

Neon green Blood with plasma blue wheels.

wormhole

here are a few to choose from, me i have a fools gold and love the understated look?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 colours’ is closed to new replies.