Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Orange 3G network probs
  • Stu_N

Anyone else had issues recently? On past form, phoning Orange will get me the call centre equivalent of a shrugging of shoulders and “network performance can vary” non-explanation.

Normally have a solid 4-5 bars and 3G all the time at my desk – past few days have had the bars most of the time, or sometimes the phone is searching for network when it hasn’t moved for a while. Often no 3G (or any data). Or it says it has 3G but if I try to use it says can’t connect to internet/ can’t access cellular data.

No-one else round here is blessed with an Orange data contract so thought I’d throw it out to the STW massive. (Am in Edinburgh city centre BTW).

dooosuk
    Free Member

I think they’re most likely still experiencing problems from their merger with T-Mobile. 3G signal pretty crap in central Manchester too.

Spud

Experiencing the same in the office/ home/ and in various places. Phoned them over the weekend and was told basically what doosuk said. The merger is meaning some outages but the ‘good’ news is that they’re close to the completion of the merger of the 3G networks – hmmmm, we’ll see.

robbo1234biking

Same/similar issues here. Since the merger the phone cant seem to make up its mind what network it wants to be on which cause dropped calls etc. Also when on T-Mobile I cant receive send data only voice calls and texts – data roaming is turned off so not sure how to get around this

Stu_N

So not just me then – makes me feel a bit better.

If I turn 3G off then GPRS or EDGE data still works so that’s something I suppose.

Wish I’d stuck with Vodafone, whose network just worked without any cocking around.

IA

If you’ve opted in to t-mobile sharing, when it switches it’ll drop a data session (and it’ll switch if you’re marginal signal wise). I know a mate had issues with this, so he opted out to stay on pure-orange network.

Taff
    Free Member

Similar issues here in Crawley, Plymouth and Portsmouth.

cp

I’m glad I’m SIM only with them – as if this continues I’ll be leaving…. o2 was WAY better – reliable & fast

Stu_N

Popped into the Orange phone shop at lunchtime and they haven’t had much 3G action since yesterday either. Definitely something up with network.

Anyone know where I can get a fast carrier pigeon???

restless
    Free Member

i got a new upgraded orange phone yesterday and it kept loosing calls . i was going to send it back cuz i though it was naff, but if there are network problems i might keep it a few more days, to give it a chance. 🙂

Stu_N

If you can, bin it and Orange now. Had more issues with Orange in the last few months than I had with Vodafone in 10 years. Shabby doesn’t come close.

Stu_N

3G still borked. If you want a reminder of how crap mobile internet used to be, Orange are your guys.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I swapped to orange after years with 02 as they wouldn’t do the deal on the phone I wanted – orange customer service has been pretty crap so far – not impressed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Orange 3G network probs’ is closed to new replies.