Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Hate football?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Open thread for those who want to show how much they despise football in general and the "World Cup" in particular. :mrgreen:

miketually
    Free Member

What world cup? The soccer one?

tron
    Free Member

I don't particularly dislike football. I just dislike everything that goes with it. Tim Lovejoy, people down the pub making noises like they're all being simultaneously pleasured etc.

toppers3933
    Free Member

see this thread for all you need to know.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/football-who-cares

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

its just another way to entertain myself, life is boring football keeps me busy. Hate it or love it its just a hobby.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

The problem I have is with the people who think it's more important than real life.

It's just a game. Get over yourself.

molgrips
    Free Member

Welcome to the misery guts thread!

jahwomble
    Free Member

Tribal homo eroticism for the masses. imho

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I detest football, footballers, their friends, families, neighbours. I detest every brand that supports football and every shareholder investing in that business.

I hate any animal that is in any way associated with any club or national team as a mascot and hate all other animals of a similar genus.

Also, any colour used in team colours are detestable and they can all go to burn a slow death in hell.

Ohh, and come on England

tron
    Free Member

From what I can gather, even the football fans hate Lovejoy.

DezB
    Free Member

The problem I have is with the people who think it's more important than real life.

It's just a game

See you're wrong there! To people who are "into" football, its so much more – it's their main form of social interaction, amongst other things.
    To professional footballers and all that is related, it's not "just a game", obviously.

I can't stand watching it, mainly because they f%^&ing cheat all the time. But I really like playing it.

nacho
    Free Member

I think Mr Woppit LOVES talking about football. Maybe secretly watching it as well? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

tron – Member

Pretty much.

andytherocketeer

Despise it. So much so that I'll even watch big brother before accidentally channel hopping thru a footy channel.
    Why does a few footy games take more time than the entire Olympics, which has way more sports? And why is footy so special that it can call itself *THE* world cup, as if it's the only sport in existence?

/rant Someone wake me up next month when it's all over.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And why is footy so special that it can call itself *THE* world cup, as if it's the only sport in existence?

What about the stupid Americans and their World Series that is only open to American whatever sport it is teams…

saleem
    Free Member

FFS get over yourself, you should be cheering on England, you are lucky that your country is at such a great stage, I'd love Scotland to be there but we're shit, even that fanny at 10 downing street has a George cross flag flying

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why does saleem want us to subject ourselves to paying attention to an activity we CLEARLY despise? Strange chap. Must be a Scotch-ish thing…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Hate it more than anything ,
    Bunch of useless overpaid pussys …. lame excuses all the time , like ive bruised my big toe , or ive chipped a nail ….
    How can anyone be worth 100k a week !! FFS
    cant wait until we get knocked out and get back to normal..
    Rant over

molgrips
    Free Member

The world series also has Canadian teams in it iirc.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Let's not get side-tracked. This is about dumping on soccer.

Dylan08
    Free Member

I hope to God they get knocked out in the first match – why prolong the agony. Football as a sport makes me feel sick to the bone … utter sh*te!

Im proud to be ENGLISH, and I dont need an infalted pig-bladder and bunch of panzies to remind me of that!

phew cheers 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The world series also has Canadian teams in it iirc.

They are American though aren't they? 😉

I hope to God they get knocked out in the first match

[pedant]It is impossible to be knocked out in the first match[/pedant]

Dylan08
    Free Member

The first match they play you clever tw*t!!!

Starrman28
    Free Member

Ditto Molgrips!! I love football and everything about it…………COME ON ENGLAND!!

andytherocketeer

you should be cheering on England

NO! That's make me look like a fan/hooligan!

Sure in the extremely unlikely event that England win, I'd be happy, in exactly the same way I'd be happy if the English team wins the tiddly winks world cup, or an English player wins the snooker world championship, but I won't "support" or "cheer on" a team for a sport that bores me in to a coma for a month.

Dylan08
    Free Member

England win? …. ddddrrrrreeeeeaaaammmmm on chaps, that bunch of panzies will get whipped in the first match they play. At least thats the bet I placed yesterday in the bookies!

Jamie
    Free Member

No need to be narky just because you were wrong.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They can't be knocked out in that one either. 😆

maxray
    Free Member

lol 🙂

What very angry people… cheer up only 63 games left to endure 😀

ACE!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Club football – no interest.

World cup football – slight interest if we get far.

In other words, no interest.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Meat pie, sausage roll, come on England, score a goal!

Edric64
    Free Member

tron – Member

Pretty much.
    +1

andytherocketeer

only 63 games left to endure

at least us haters don't have to endure them. we only have to endure the major breaking news / international crisis that is a player getting a sore leg 😉

if it were me though, with that many games, I'd just stick the whole lot in one group and make them play round robin and the winner is the one with most goals. then there won't be the pointlessness of playing 90mins, extra time and then having to kick a ball at the goalie because they'd still not scored any goals.

CountZero

Rest assured my tv will not, under ANY circumstances, have any programme that has any connection with football on it. Ever. I'd rather suffer a migrain; I can take painkillers and lie in a quiet darkened room for a couple of hours.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I was wondering to myself if football forums moaned about mountain bikers……………. and concluded that mountain biking is probably way off the radar of most die hard footy fans..

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Football players:

Overpaid ballerinas who act like they've been shot in the face every single time somebody goes near them.
    They argue with the ref about EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING.
    They can't keep their hands off each others' wives and girlfriends.
    They cheat, they deceive, they act. And yet football is still called "the beautiful game".

Couple that with (some of) the fans – there is a proven 30% increase in domestic violence in the UK during the football world cup. Police all over the country are on a higher state of alert for domestic violence, as well as public disorder offences. Pubs all over the country are subjected to drunken louts, shouting abuse and profanities at anybody who DARES to support a team other than England, or who claim not to be interested in football.

This can only happen with football. Take rugby for example. The rugby World Cup, and the Six Nations sees people of various nationalities, sat together, drinking together, having a good time together, regardless of where they're from or what shirt they're wearing. No acting on the pitch, no abusing the ref and, if in doubt, the benefit of a video ref to make sure of any uncertain decisions.

It's nice to see the St George's flag flying (even though I'm welsh!), and people out supporting England. It's just such a shame that the minority of football fans, who are complete tools, give all the others such a bad name. I'm not going to go near a pub when there's an England game on. I'm not entirely sure how welcome a Welsh rugby fan would be in a pub full of IN-GER-LUND fans.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Poofs game.

ojom
    Free Member

today i considered banning any mention or inference of this event in the shop.

not football fans at TBC.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

What p*sses me off is when you meet new blokes (i.e. new job, social gathering etc) and it becomes known that you (I) have no interest in wendyball and you get "that" look of barely-disguised contempt and are clearly regarded as not a proper bloke, and henceforth get ignored.

Pr!cks, it's only a bunch of overpaid goons chasing a likkle ball about.

(admittedly a bunch of middle-aged blokes tearing around on horrendously expensive bicycles may not be a whole lot better…)

coogan
    Free Member

What I don't understand is people who have a wankathon over the tour and are probably on here whining about football, I'm pretty sure it won't happen the other way around. Get over yourselves accept some people like it and just don't watch it if you don't like it. Next you'll want Steve Peat as Sport personality of the year…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Hate football?’ is closed to new replies.