Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Only two members of World Cup winning team honoured.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

What a cock up. The blokes win the world cup and everybody gets in on the act but only two members of the ladies equivalent are similarly rewarded. If I was them I’d tell the establishment where to stick their honours. To add insult to injury there’s probably more being made of Saint Johnny not being Sir Johnny, what makes him so bloody good, did he cure Austin Healy’s baldness? Another example of how badly we treat sportswomen.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Name five members of both teams……

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

What difference does that make? The honour should be for achievement not celebrity. If anything that’s more reason to honour the ladies.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Let’s face it the men’s and ladies RWC aren’t of the same standard are they ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

True ( and I agree) but you need to be nominated in this case. So the question still stands. Still didn’t they get SPOTY?

Jamie
    Free Member

Name five members of both teams……

Laura Trott…erm…Blondie…Wonder Woman…..The Queen, and…oh…hmmm….Jessica Rabbit?

jon1973
    Free Member

Jessica Rabbit

woof! woof!

MoreCashThanDash

Bet they were the only ones who volunteered to go to Oxbridge 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

Bet they were the only ones who volunteered to go to Oxbridge

They got paid to be there!!!!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Erm..? What sport are we talking about? What World Cup?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tut, tut Eddie,…you will be applying to present top gear soon. Now where is a paper towel to clean up the coffee!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bet they were the only ones who volunteered to go to Oxbridge

Very good. The prior ladies RWC was played at Surrey University BTW

benji
    Free Member

World Cup in which sport? Please be more concise.

Surely Manon Carpenter deserves one more World Champion and World Cup Champion, no silly balls involved.

jambalaya
    Free Member

benji – obvious from the New Years list and the reference to Johnny and Austin Healy, no ?

benji
    Free Member

Sorry old fella, I only know of Austin Healey as a car, after a google I see he is one of those egg chasers, seriously never heard of him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Adds sexism to list of what is wrong with the list

robdob
    Free Member

Let’s face it the men’s and ladies RWC aren’t of the same standard are they ?

They both won their respective World Cup. Same standard.

Would you say the disabled runners in the paralympics aren’t the same standard as the able bodied ones in the Olympics? I wouldn’t.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Only two members of World Cup winning team honoured.’ is closed to new replies.