Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • only have an ipad at home
  • Travis

So, I'm thinking of my father, who is a little behind the times, about keeping up with the rest of the family.

He misses out on photos and videos of his Grandchildren growing up (we are spread out)

So, would it be possible for him to connect (via Wifi) through an ISP at home (in the UK)
    I remember when I was back there, you needed software to connect to certain ISPs.

Cheers in Advance.

tron
    Free Member

Yes. Most ISP's have given up on "you need our special guff" and just provide a set of router settings.

solamanda
    Free Member

These days as far as you know, every ISP just sends out a router. If it is Wifi simply set up your devices with the router password and you never need look at it again.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Since I bought it I find myself most using iPod touch instead of my pc laptop. AFAIK an ipad will be a halfway house between one of these and a MacBook.

gonefishin
    Free Member

He misses out on photos and videos of his Grandchildren growing up (we are spread out)

The lack of a webcam might be an issue as he won't be able to do any video calls with it. Something my parents decided was a great thing after I set up a call to my sister over Christmas.

Travis

thanks for all the advice.
    I'll have a look at it all, when it all comes. The web cam is something I've thought about, but that might just confuse him a bit too much.
    He (my Dad) bought a DSLR, and has no pc. I asked him what does he do, when the cards, full, he says he buys another. He's just bought himself a Canon photo printer….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘only have an ipad at home’ is closed to new replies.