Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Online clipart/image resource
  • sc-xc

A colleague has asked how she can get images/clip art onto some internal documents (will be used exclusively for internal communication purposes)

She approached the comms team, who have a guy that uses Illustrator and PS, and was given a million reasons why she would need to buy licences and get trained.

When I speak to her, it seems this is overkill – all she wants to do is pretty up some intranet content and drop a few images into fliers created on MS Publisher.

I think it will be cheaper to sign up to an online image resource, this will also get her doing what she wants to do faster than having to learn a package that she will only scratch the surface of.

Any good sites out there? Quality more of a consideration than price.

Thanks

johndoh
    Free Member

She can help herself….

http://www.freeimages.com/

sc-xc

That’s great – looks good

Many thanks

Cougar

Does Publisher not come with a load of clip art built in?

Googling ‘clipart’ returns loads of results. For example, https://openclipart.org/

sc-xc

I think the Publisher build we put out there has all the clip art removed. Not sure how or why, but they don’t trust us!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

dollarphotoclub

the-muffin-man
    CountZero

She approached the comms team, who have a guy that uses Illustrator and PS, and was given a million reasons why she would need to buy licences and get trained.

When I speak to her, it seems this is overkill – all she wants to do is pretty up some intranet content and drop a few images into fliers created on MS Publisher.
    Rather typical “I’m an IT/graphics expert and I won’t stand for amateurs intruding on my domain” attitude.
    I’d reply by saying, “well, as you’re the expert how about you knock up some quick graphics for me to use on X documents, I need them this afternoon” and walk out.
    He’s probably got bugger-all to do, anyway. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Online clipart/image resource’ is closed to new replies.