Online clipart/image resource

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Online clipart/image resource
  • Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

A colleague has asked how she can get images/clip art onto some internal documents (will be used exclusively for internal communication purposes)

She approached the comms team, who have a guy that uses Illustrator and PS, and was given a million reasons why she would need to buy licences and get trained.

When I speak to her, it seems this is overkill – all she wants to do is pretty up some intranet content and drop a few images into fliers created on MS Publisher.

I think it will be cheaper to sign up to an online image resource, this will also get her doing what she wants to do faster than having to learn a package that she will only scratch the surface of.

Any good sites out there? Quality more of a consideration than price.

Thanks

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

That’s great – looks good

Many thanks

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Does Publisher not come with a load of clip art built in?

Googling ‘clipart’ returns loads of results. For example, https://openclipart.org/

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

I think the Publisher build we put out there has all the clip art removed. Not sure how or why, but they don’t trust us!

dollarphotoclub

CountZero

She approached the comms team, who have a guy that uses Illustrator and PS, and was given a million reasons why she would need to buy licences and get trained.

When I speak to her, it seems this is overkill – all she wants to do is pretty up some intranet content and drop a few images into fliers created on MS Publisher.
    Rather typical “I’m an IT/graphics expert and I won’t stand for amateurs intruding on my domain” attitude.
    I’d reply by saying, “well, as you’re the expert how about you knock up some quick graphics for me to use on X documents, I need them this afternoon” and walk out.
    He’s probably got bugger-all to do, anyway. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Online clipart/image resource’ is closed to new replies.