Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Online backup solutions – anyone use one?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Had a look on that Internet and it’s a tad bewildering – wondered if anyone here used anything like this?

Ideally what I’d like is for a particular drive (in fact, a USB stick) to be automatically uploaded/synched to an online backup which could then (if necessary) be easily browsed away from home. Presume one has to pay for all this which is fine (within reason).

I have Virgin Media backup but that just seems quite clunky and not easy to get to the files. Am I missing an obvious “solution” here?

TIA, as always.

iDave
    Free Member

I use sugarsynch, just gets on with it in the background every time a file is created or changed.

munkster
    Free Member

Possibly

P1 W1 D0 L0

then!

(Thanks, am downloading it for a 30 day trial)

CaptJon
    Free Member

I use dropbox and spideroak. I use the former for active syncs as its easier to use. You just set up a folder on your hard disc and everytime you save something to it (even a quick ctrl-s) it uploads the changes. You can also look at legacy saves via the website. You get 2gb for free and if you get other people to sign up you get 250mb a time. So, why not sign up via this link: http://db.tt/Zw4JVwe 🙂

munkster
    Free Member

OK, Sugarsync no good for me – as per the OP need/want it to synch from a USB drive but it only synchs with fixed drives it says.

Am I looking at a “moon on a stick” wish here?

Will have a look at your suggestions CaptJon…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Online backup solutions – anyone use one?’ is closed to new replies.