Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One man's quest for power…
  • MoreCashThanDash

If I could be bothered to trawl back through all the Brexit threads I’m pretty sure I, and several others, came up with the “Boris wanting to be the plucky loser” theory some time ago.

Harry_the_Spider

Nice to have it confirmed though. What a prick.

allthepies
    Free Member

Alan Duncan has long since lost any hope of power.

🙂

jam-bo

He’s probably right but how is that confirmation?

MoreCashThanDash

Not even seeing Boris’s evil plan get stuffed is enough to compensate for the result though

Spin
    Free Member

Not even seeing Boris’s evil plan get stuffed is enough to compensate for the result though

The whole thing was all about power. Boris seeking power and Cameron trying to keep it. So sad that we’re all going through this shit because of ego and party political posturing.

avdave2

I think the best and most accurate reworking of that Downfall scene I’ve seen.

[video]https://youtu.be/-a6HNXtdvVQ[/video]

midlifecrashes

Came here to see how ourmaninthenorth got hold of an apple charge cable for his missus.

Is disappoint.

jambalaya
    Free Member

This was covered in the Corbyn thread and variois comments on Boris in the EU thread today too.

Jealous Alan Duncan takes potshot at his boss Boris after he was passed over for a decent job.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, does that mean Gove was right to torpedo his bid for PM then?

I recognise that this may create a dilemma for the lefties here, they either have to endorse Boris as PM or endorse Gove as having done something right… what to do, what to do…

bencooper
    Free Member

Or Gove did something for personal and quite evil reasons, but it was coincidentally the right thing too 😀

nickc

Sir Alan said he believed the now foreign secretary, who is his current boss, wanted to lose narrowly and be the “heir apparent” to David Cameron.

I smell the work of Sir Humphrey here…

kimbers

Both Gove and Johnson sacrificed what little principles they may have had for a chance at power, once they got a whiff of it there was no stopping them.
    Gove confirming what all us lefties thought (he’s a sociopath) 😉 when he misjudged even the Tories tolerance of backstabbing.

Johnson is just a **** idiot, how he could gamble so recklessly on such an important issue, that he knew would damage the country, based on polling that has recently regularly failed to predict voters intentions?

That said he’s obviously still greedily eyeing number 10 hoping that when the A50 negotiations fall calamitously to satisfy the xenephobes and May gets the Cameron treatment, that he will be the last Tory standing.

ourmaninthenorth

Came here to see how ourmaninthenorth got hold of an apple charge cable for his missus.

Is disappoint.

WHSmith in Waverley.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One man's quest for power…’ is closed to new replies.