Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One bike to do it all – Pace RC506 AM/Trail – Any thoughts?
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

After a long break from ridding, I built up an OnOne 456 around 4 years ago with XT, Mono Minis and some Marzocchi AM 1’s on the front. My ridding has finally got back to where it was and after a week at Switchbacks Spain I’ve found the limitations of the frame.
    I ride everything. I don’t walk up stuff or down stuff unless I come off. I’ve ridden a few enduros and a couple of offroad duathlons, but I also hit big drops and jumps. I need a bike that can cut it on the descents, but will get me to the top first.
    As I’m happy with the rest of the spec of my current bike (apart from the forks but they can wait..) I’m looking at frames to build up. I saw the Pace RC506 AM/Trail on Wiggle which looked to fit the bill. I don’t want to spend a massive amount of money, maybe 1500 max, so what are my options?

martymac

orange five?

neil853
    Free Member

Blur LT?

fourbanger
    Free Member

No one here ride a Pace RC506?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Why is the Blur twice the price of the Heckler? What’s the difference?

mrblobby
    Free Member

VPP (Blur) vs Single Pivot (Heckler)

salad_dodger

This doesn’t relate to the frame you’re interested in but it does highlight the warranty and customer service levels you can expect at Pace.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/noooo-bike-frames-busted

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a 506 (amongst others :-))and love it.
    Its built up with 150mm Revs, Hope Hoops with Stans Flow, Hope, Middleburn, X9 etc type kit. Weight is about 30lbs.
    BUT it doesnt ride as if its that heavy if that makes sense.
    It only gets used on what I call BIG rides eg Lakes, weekends in Wales and sometimes the Yorkshire Dales.
    It climbs really well with fantastic traction and descends better than I ever will.
    Bought it on the back of a test ride of a mates 405 and dont regret it one bit.
    You have to get the shock serviced after 12 months to keep the 2 year warranty and there is some evidence of wear on the shock shaft compared to a Fox, but other than that no problems so far.
    Bought mine in August 09 for £999 including the DT shock so a fair discount.
    Any questions just shout.
    Email in profile
    Cheers
    Steve

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

506 is more AM than trail at 66.5 head angle. It also has a long front end and short back means your going to be sitting way back. That combination is not good for climbing or making it maneuverable on switchbacks or trails. Depends on your riding but for trails/enduro it wouldn’t be my cup of tea. I would suggest a more trail orientated frame given your riding. Something like a longish rear stay, 145mm travel 68 degree head angle. As I said, its what fits my riding which is similar to yours. Spain for me and Mrs Zesty in 9 days a for a week YAHOO! 😀 good by cold weather hello MTB without freezing.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Another bike that dosent ride like its a 30lb one (amazing Albert Einstein and the laws of physics counts for nothing) think how it would ride if it were only 26lbs – which is way nearer the mark for a good trail bike.

neil853
    Free Member

I have a pair of RC31’s that i just need some stickers for, now i know this isn’t exactly criticle but they don’t even have the decency to return my emaails (three emails over four weeks). 🙄

I would look at other bike/parts manufacturers

Paceman
    Free Member

Maybe an RC405, I run mine with 140mm forks, great review in Singletrack…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/reviews/pace-rc405/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One bike to do it all – Pace RC506 AM/Trail – Any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.