Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • On the rather delicate subject of……farting.
  • druidh
    Free Member

Over the years (and there have been many) I’ve noticed that I seem to fart a lot less than many other folk – e.g. my workmates, friends. Not only that, but mine are mostly odourless, not the room-emptying stench type. I put this down to a fairly balanced diet and a minimal beer intake. However, things seem to have changed recently as it seems I’m constantly farting and they’re usually rather ripe.

Over the past 3 months or so, I’ve been doing a bit more intensive training, including the use of additives such as PSP22 and some energy gels. In addition, I’ve done a couple of sportives where I was using these as a bit of a performance enhancement. Now – I could accept the fact that these products could change my internal working a little, but it’s now over two weeks since I used any and the farts are still frequent and rank.

Is it possible that I’ve made some more permanent change to my gut chemistry? If so, is it reversible?

Rickos
    Free Member

Retirement does that to people.

headfirst
    Free Member

If so, is it reversible?

Why would you want that?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Smee
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a fartectomy.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that I seem to fart a lot less than many other folk – e.g. my workmates, friends. Not only that, but mine are mostly odourless,

Go and see your doctor and he can prescribe somethng for your hearing loss and lack of sense of smell.

woodsman
    Free Member

I don’t trust anyone that doesn’t fart much! 😉

‘Real men fart’ – Alister Cambpell

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL!

A vegetarian mate of mine would often produce noxious bum-gas, that was utterly foul and nasty. He always claimed ‘stop making a fuss; it don’t smell’. Dirty bastard. They always stank.

My farts don’t smell, but I will always refrain from farting in the presence of a lady. Unlike many, I’m a gent.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You never seem to mind the smell of your own farts, so perhaps you not aware that others find that your farts stink! I wouldnt worry unlesss you follow through!

dawson

“How dare you fart before my wife!”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realise it was her turn…”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Eat charcoal seriously

cinnamon_girl

Actimel? Available from chiller cabinet of Sainsbury’s etc. Helps digestion.

Also, as TJ says, we used to give our dog charcoal.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would think it is quite possible that by ingesting all that sugar you have altered the balance of bacteria in your gut. I don’t know tho – just guessing.

Actimel sounds like a good idea

cinnamon_girl

Actimel after my porridge and then after my evening meal too. Reckon all my carbo loading from my running days screwed up my digestive system. Also am careful what I eat, it’s probably an age thing with me 🙄

timber

at least you needn’t be left out of games of fart tennis anymore

as said above, your own farts rarely smell anyway, only on a few occasions have I had to leave the room after my own efforts

druidh
    Free Member

timber – Member

as said above, your own farts rarely smell anyway, only on a few occasions have I had to leave the room after my own efforts

It’s the fact that something has changed – and isn’t changing back. I was thinking along the lines of TJ and c_g. Might give Actimel a go then – or what about these bio yoghurts?

Stu

Energy products and SIS stuff in particular always give me the shits and lots of wind :roll:. Try cutting it out and see if it makes a difference.

cinnamon_girl

Actimel is a probiotic. I find that stress really affects my stomach and I’ve had plenty of that recently.

I’m also convinced that over the years food has changed, ie with bread the wheat has been tinkered with to give maximum yield etc etc.

Food I used to be able to eat I no longer can – possibly pesticides are to blame amongst other things. Less tolerance really.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I absolutely STINK anyone that knows me will tell you that.

I can clear a room within mins of entering it.

I know what causes it but i cant bring my self to stop drinking milk.

I was too poor to afford milk in nz and the farting stopped. but here i drink 2 or more pints a day(Cause i like milk) and fart like a trouper

Its even worse if i add protein to my milk.

bio yogs and actimel/yakult do eff all for me 🙁

cinnamon_girl

trail_rat – organic milk?

trail_rat
    Free Member

tried soya milk its nice in its own way but its not the same as a cool glass of full fat milk ! .

never tried organic milk

cinnamon_girl

trail_rat – with the amount you drink, it may be worth trying. I only drink organic skimmed milk which is an acquired taste! Soya is gross!

ed80
    Free Member

Welcome to my world and back to ‘normality’ bum holes smell, that’s the way they are.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Stephen Goldfinger, M.D., a digestive disease expert,”

yeah, right!

juan
    Free Member

Ask bluetone 😉

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Better out than in?

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Soya is gross! “

id more describe it as chalky ! soya milkshakes are great and its good for putting in smoothies. But not on the museli !

dyna-ti

There’s something incredibly satisfying about a good big fart 8)

as long as it comes alone 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So what’s the composition of fart gas roughly then and what’s giving it the smell? It’s bloody poo-dust – that’s what it is. The gas is carrying millions of tiny particles of your shit, small enough to make it through your pants and trousers when ejected with force from your sphincter.

So yeah, the next time you’re subjected to someone else’s fart, just remember, you’re actually breathing in particles of his or her shit.

dave_aber
    Free Member
    dooge
    Free Member

I have the same problem, and with the change in weather my diet changed slightly (less fatty/sugary foods, more decent stuff) and I did notice a difference (drop) Ive got a mate whos starting body building, all he eats is meat in 4 medium meals a day. He alo takes various protein shakes and other things and he stinks. He can clear a room easily without much effort!

nigew
    Free Member

Cant believe this hasnt been posted yet! 8)
    Pull my finger

racing_ralph
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

LOL!

A vegetarian mate of mine would often produce noxious bum-gas, that was utterly foul and nasty. He always claimed ‘stop making a fuss; it don’t smell’. Dirty bastard. They always stank.

My farts don’t smell, but I will always refrain from farting in the presence of a lady. Unlike many, I’m a ****.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m a what, RR? No, go on; don’t be shy.

Spell it out on separate lines, if you wish to avoid the swear filter. 8)

plop_pants
    Free Member

ask your plumber for an air admittance valve.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

tw*t

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

My farts don’t smell, but I will always refrain from farting in the presence of a lady.

Mine smell of sunshine.

And I’ve impressed a fair few ladies with ‘anal dexterity’ ………. I can tell yer.

All the more so, when they realise that the sun shines ou’ me arrse too. 8)

crazy-legs

Energy products create havoc with digestive systems especially if you;re not used to them or you suddenly use them more than normal.
    You only have to get within 100yds of the toilets at an endurance event like MM to realise that! 😉

hh45
    Free Member

I eat shed loads of fruit and veg and wholewheat stuff and I fart huge amounts most of which doesn’t smell much but if I do want to clear a room or just win the next round of Johnny Fartparts then its a handful of dried apricots. I think they are treated with sulphur in some way and the affect is instantaneous. All brassicas work well too. Meat I find just causes blockages and stale smelling farts – nothing to boast about.

Energy drinks work really well without a doubt – I’m looking forward to the Trans Wales this August. My tent may well fly away.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Mine smell of sunshine.

And I’ve impressed a fair few ladies with ‘anal dexterity’ ………. I can tell yer.

All the more so, when they realise that the sun shines ou’ me arrse too.

You bollocks. You’re a bloody vegetarian! In fact, they stink so bad they buckle the tracks of the Croydon Tramlink!

I have no desire to know about any ‘anal dexterity’. And nothing shines out of your arse; more like, it is a black pit of infinite despair, which sucks the very life-force from all that goes near it.

druidh
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member

Energy products create havoc with digestive systems especially if you;re not used to them or you suddenly use them more than normal.
    You only have to get within 100yds of the toilets at an endurance event like MM to realise that!

Aye – but I didn’t expect the effects to be so permanent 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘On the rather delicate subject of……farting.’ is closed to new replies.