Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • On One Ti456
  • JAP1981
    Free Member

I have just bought a Ti456 frame, what is the best travel forks for the frame?

I have some Reba World Cups, any good?

saladdodger
    Free Member

my steel 456 rides well with 120mm Mav's, I would not want longer

I know of a guy who went from long travel forks on his Ti to 100mm and prefered it

Ride and SmilE

Keva
    Free Member

130mm Revs on mine.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i have the same as Keva above

mrh86

140mm revs on mine. Initially struggled to keep the front end down on steep climbs, soon got used to it though.

Robespierre
    Free Member

Got 120mm Manitou Blacks on mine at the moment. Bike feels right but they are only 30mm stanchions so are a bit on the twangy side. Im going to go bolt through and am wavering between 120 reba's and 140 revelations. Depends where you ride…up north/wales/in the rocks then its probably best to opt for the extra travel…down south 120 for sure.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

no more than 130mm for me – bit of a mess if so. I use revs 100 – 130mm u-turn. 100 for uphill, 130mm for descents.

fozzybear
    Free Member

my brother has 140 pikes.

Robespierre
    Free Member

Hmm, I asked exactly this question a while ago when I got my 456 and I remember someone saying that 140 is awful except on the really steep stuff. Problem is that a new U-turn rev is much more expensive than a fixed travel. Got 150 talas on my full susser and i can never be bothered to wind them down for the climbs. I'm rolling the credit card nervously and wondering which way to jump

nickf
    Free Member

130mm Fox on mine. Works a treat, never had wandering-wheel-itis

fozzybear
    Free Member

rode my brothers 140 pikes and they feel great, love the Ti 456 specially with 140 forks on

mrh86

I'm planning on getting new forks in next couple of months and I will be getting 140mm again, probably without u-turn (or equivalent). Makes descending very fun!

gamo
    Free Member

140 van qr15,s are perfect on them, have tried 130 revs, pikes and 36 talas and i think the 140's vans are spot on!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

120mm Rebas on mine – used to have 140mm Vanillas – climbs much better at 120mm

heihei

140 Pikes here (Pushed). They are U-turn but can never be @rsed and climbs v well.

Wally

140mm maxle revs. All A OK.

Kahurangi

As Wally. It wanders on steep climbs unless I wind down, but I am running with a wider bars/shorter stem combo than I'm used to.

Absolutely flies downhill though, scary fast. Wish I had some 2010 150 mm revs though 😀

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

140 revs and yeah they do lift a little on really steep ups but i'm usually walking just after that point anyway

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

140mm QR Vanillas & it climbs fine. Hoping to get some 140 or 150mm Revs with a Maxle.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Don't even know what forks I have – I've got 140mm maxle revs and as above work a treat, not wandery at all, quite fast direct steering infact coupled with 60mm stem and 711mm bars. Don't feel the need to wind them in ever to climb either.

stoney
    Free Member

140 Rev`s, 20mm Maxel on mine……

mrh86

What size frame is that stoney? Mines a 20" and looks like a gate in comparison!!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

oh go on then, another 20"

Keva
    Free Member

16in frame 130mm Revs

Kev

higgo
    Free Member

140mm Pikes on my steel one, rarely wound down.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have 145mm non-adjustable Nixons on my steel bike they are 1mm longer a-c than pikes. Seems to climb fine, although I'm 6ft riding a 16" frame with only one gear, means I can put my weight pretty much where I want it, and climbing is done out of the saddle hanging over the bars.

stoney
    Free Member

mrh86… Mines also a 16"

gamo
    Free Member

Another 20"

Inbred456
    Free Member

What travel forks for the Ti 29'er?

Just checked on the on-one site 80-100mm. Says they are working on a new hardcore 29'er long travel. HMmmmm.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Just gone fom 115mm travel reba's to 110-140 u-turn pikes, felt the reba's were struggling a bit on the downs, will update on the difference later

haddock
    Free Member

140mm Coil Pikes here, fine but a bit front heavy – u turn air revs would prob be great!

happysv
    Free Member

Putting 2010 150mm revs on mine to see what its like.

haddock
    Free Member

happysv, be intrested in how you get on with them. 🙂

oomidamon

I'm thinking about swapping both of my bikes (Ibis Mojo Carbon and a Yeti ARC) for a Ti 456 but I'm quite tall (6'2") so was wondering if the 20" frame is too "springy"? Thoughts?

I'll probably strip the Mojo and use the bits to build up the 456 as it's got TALAS QR15s, XT, Hope Hoops, etc. and sell the ARC as a complete bike, which should just about cover the 456 frame.

pid
    Free Member

U-turn Revs, but usually stick them at about 120 and forget about it (on an 18" frame). Great bike – have fun.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

oomidamon – I am 6'5" and have the 20" frame (photo above). It also has a ti post and saddle. I wouldn't say it's too spring in the slightest. It's a fun bike and very comfy indeed which I needed because my Chameleon was crippling me. The only thing I notice is either the rims flexing or the tyres rolling but that's nothing to do with the frame so you'll be fine.

Clink

Says they are working on a new hardcore 29'er long travel.

That's pre-Brant leaving and ages old. Would be be nice to see some new 29er designs from O-O.

lungman

I've got talas 36 on mine, run most of the time in 130mm travel, for tight singletrack etc and 160 for the big stuff. Feels great in either a little quicker to stear with 130mm no supprise there! Great bike 18" frame btw

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘On One Ti456’ is closed to new replies.