Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On One swapouts and XT brakes
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have a Scandal and when trying to fit a rear XT brake I seem to have a problem with the rotor size. I thought that the brakes worked with a 160mm rotor but it looks like only a 140 will work. So do I have:

A. Have the rotor size wrong and they do use 140mm

or

B. The swapouts need a +20 IS>PM adaptor

or

C. None of the above?

I can see how I can fix it with either a new rotor or adaptor but I was wondering where I went wrong.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone had any problems?

andyl
    Free Member

assuming the swap out is the same as on my C456 then a normal rear 160mm adapter should work fine.

Are you sure the adapter is the correct one – ie an R160 and not an F160 (front) and it’s fitted the right way round?

Flapjack
    Free Member

My C456 is running XT 785 brakes and 180 rear disc with only the standard Shimano 180mm adaptor needed.

chainslapp
    Free Member

26er or 29er Scandal and internal or external brake mount?

chainslapp
    Free Member

Ooooops double post.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks, I’ve worked out I seem to have 3 front adaptors and no rears, this was compounded by the fact I was also trying to fit a calliper to a Pugsley front anaw. I think I’m sorted now though.

andyl
    Free Member

front 180mm adapter is normally the same as a rear 160mm adapter except for shimano as the holes are not quite in the same place in the axis of the wheel axle (can’t remember if the front or the back adapter sets the caliper slightly more inwards)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On One swapouts and XT brakes’ is closed to new replies.