Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kids Scooters
  • bigmatt
    Free Member

My boys (6 and 4) would like new scooters for Christmas and I have been looking at something that will last a bit longer than the last ones. From previous threads it seems that MGP are rated. Looking around I’ve seen a 2011 MGP Pro for about £80 and my boys have also seen a JD Bug Pro X v1 for about the same price. Are MGP that much better than JD Bugs or does the differences only just kick in when I start getting on to the much more expensive MGPs.

Also, has anyone used skatehut.co.uk or routeone.co.uk and have any feedback, good or bad (or any other good sites to purchase from)?

sc-xc

Skatehut (online and bricks & mortar store) is fantastic. Brilliant service.

MGPs are cooler, if that matters to your kids…

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m really impressed with Jnr’s MGP. It’s taken a lot of abuse and withstood it all. Seems a lot stronger than the neighbours kids JD Bug. The neighbours kid always wants to use Jnr’s MGP when they’re playing out on the street rather than his JD Bug too.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

my 2 boys have micro scooters and me and the mrs have jdbugs

bigmatt
    Free Member

I did think that MGP was cooler although at 6 and 4 I’m not sure that has filtered through. My youngest has a micro scooter but won’t use it anymore as it’s not cool 😉 He seems easy to convince that the MGP would be good but my eldest seems to prefer the JD Bug and seems harder to convince (and I’m not sure if I should). His friends have a combination of JD Bugs, MGP and Slamm so apart from changing his mind in the future or longevity I wonder if I should go with what he actually likes.

Cheers for the feedback though.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

oh god, here we go again… buy em’ skateboards and tell em to ride like men.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kids Scooters’ is closed to new replies.