Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On-One Swapout Dropout bolts?
  • mttm
    Free Member

Ordered one of the paint second carbon 456 frames last week. Frame arrived (Yay!) but no droputs (Boo!). A quick phonecall and the dropouts have arrived today (Yay!), but there’s no bolts (Boo!). Are these a very bespoke item, or are they fairly generic? What are the chances that I can pick up something that will do the job today?

The bike’s all built apart from this. It’s so close to rideable, I can’t believe I’m being stopped by four bolts!

andyl
    Free Member

They are basically VERY long chainring bolts.

I really wouldnt want to bodge it.

mttm
    Free Member

Nope, not gonna bodge it. I was just hoping I might be able to get something today – but not knowing what they actually looked like made that a bit tricky!

Sounds like I’m not going to find extra long chainring bolts anywhere but On-one’s warehouse.

fadda

When my c456 arrived, one of those bolts was missing. Quick email to on one, and it was on its way.

Doesn’t sound like you’ve had much luck!

Top.Dog
    Free Member

i bought the same frame, and it was supplied without the swap-outs too.
    a quick call to on-one and they were here next day – without the bolts.
    another call and another next day delivery.

all good… eventually

the guy i spoke to said there were 2 types of bolts, and i had to check whether the holes on the frame were threaded or not. mine were not threaded, so they are just like long chain bolts

andyl
    Free Member

yeah some of the frames don’t have visible holes from the outside so I guess they have bonded inserts.

mttm
    Free Member

Cheers – that’s good to know. The holes on my frame are threaded, so a slightly more conventional style of bolt, I guess. The dropouts showed up this morning, and I’m sure a phonecall to On-one will sort this on Monday. I’m just a bit impatient to ride this frame, and hoped I could find something today. Ah, well, next weekend now.

I guess I’ll just have to ride my Yeti tomorrow – not exactly a hardship! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On-One Swapout Dropout bolts?’ is closed to new replies.