• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On one ss my wheel won't fit!
  • Bosh
    Free Member

I have a 2009 summerseason, the rear wheel fit (XT hub Mavic 317 rim) has always been tight as the threaded spindle would not fit into the slot on the drive side. This is because the entry to the slot is about 1-2mm narrower than the point where the spindle sits. I've got over this by pushing apart (easy with a springy steelframe) the chainstays to get the spindle to enter the slot in the horizontal rather than vertical plane. This was a bit of a pain but no big issue.

Now the problem. I've just bought a new back wheel (hope pro 2 with DT EX500 rims). I've just tried to fit the wheel & the hope spindle is about 2mm too big to fit into any part of the drive side slot!

I don't know how to resolve this…. Any suggestions??

Hairychested
    Free Member

Dremel?

Bosh
    Free Member

I did think of that but there doesn't seem to be a great thickness of metal there and I'm worried that if I do try filing it and the hanger subsequently breaks I'll be knackered.

I assume it's a manufacturing fault as was there from new and no info came with frame to say you can't use hope hubs

singlespeedstu

Can you not lever the slot open a bit more?

Bosh
    Free Member

TBH I think that would give more risk of breaking the hanger off so don't really want to try. I assume on one have a customer services dept I can get hold of?

singlespeedstu

It'll be fine levering it open.

Steel can be worked like that no problem.

*Waits for peter poddy to come along with pics of how he straightened out the drop out on his on one.

igm

File it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On one ss my wheel won't fit!’ is closed to new replies.