Home Forums Bike Forum On-One Smorgasbord tyres

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 262 total)
  • On-One Smorgasbord tyres
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about these? Reported on Bikerumour[/url]

They look pretty tidy.

60a/42a dual compound in 2.25, seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Price?
    Availability?

brant
    Free Member

In stock tommorow. £19.99

MrGreedy

Presume that price is for the wire bead version Brant? What will the folders cost?

luke1688

Is that for the folding or wire please brant?

shaggy

That’s for the folders. Wire is OEM only.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look AMAZING. will they work?

luke1688

Haha great minds greedy!

RustySpanner

How did you come up with the tread pattern?

Combination of previous favourites?
    Pretty design?
    Pawprint of the Calderdale Toffee Hound?
    Back of a crisp packet in the pub?
    Spells out a rude word in the mud?

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ rusty – awaits “quirky” marketing story…

shaggy

How did you come up with the tread pattern?

http://www.shedfire.com/2012/06/19/on-one-smorgasbord-tech/

yodagoat
    Free Member

Any word on the on one/vee rubber fatbike tyre? I spoke to someone at On One the other day about their fatbike. Apparently the release date has been put back till “at least September.” It was meant to be out next month!

RustySpanner

Ta,

I’ve always wondered how people end up choosing their own particular set of compromises for a tyre design.

cynic-al – Member

LOL @ rusty – awaits “quirky” marketing story…

It wasn’t meant to be funny or clever, I was just interested.

shaggy

Vee rubber tyres are available now, somewhere, probably. I’m told they aren’t great. The On-one Fat tyres are taking longer than expected. Last I heard samples were “not far off”.

brant
    Free Member

Any word on the on one/vee rubber fatbike tyre? I spoke to someone at On One the other day about their fatbike. Apparently the release date has been put back till “at least September.” It was meant to be out next month!

Tyres complete end of July, so with us, by air, hopefully mid August. The BIKE will be mid/late September.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered how people end up choosing their own particular set of compromises for a tyre design.

The tyres are designed by Shiggy (not Shaggy) who is somewhat tyre obsessed.
    http://www.mtbtires.com/site2/

KINGTUT
    Free Member

850g for the 29er, not a racing tyre then.. 😉

Leku
    Free Member

Brant,

will the new tyres work tubeless?

wwaswas

the technical info on shedfire site spells tyre with an ‘i’.

How disappointing.

brant
    Free Member

850g for the 29er, not a racing tyre then..

No great desire to make a minimally treaded lightweight racing tyre. Seem to be lots of those for 29ers around. I wanted some ace trail tyres at the right price.

Brant,

will the new tyres work tubeless?
    Lord knows. They are from a standard Maxxis carcass, without a funky bead lip thing, so I’d imagine they would on some sort of rim strip+goo thing… I really don’t understand all the tubeless specific stuff. And you’ll note, I wasn’t the tyre designer, so you don’t have to worry about that aspect 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Presumably as more of us run tubeless there’s less tyre swapping going on and more demand for all-round boots, and our variable weather makes seasonal tyre choice a bit moot anyway.

But 750g in 26×2.25, heavy man.

brant
    Free Member

the technical info on shedfire site spells tyre with an ‘i’.

How disappointing.

Written by Mr Shiggy himself.

Hmm.

I have tyre angst now.

wwaswas

Written by Mr Shiggy himself.

or Shyggy, as he’s known in the uk 😉

yodagoat
    Free Member

Shiggy, any idea where to get the Vee Rubber tyre in the UK? I’ve had no luck as yet.

brant
    Free Member

Shiggy’s not here.
    That’s Shaggy.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant Shaggy.
    Another question about the On One fat tyre, how much will it cost? I spoke to On One a couple of months ago and the guy on the phone said he thought it would be around £30. I told him the tyres currently available are about 80 quid but he said On One’s tyre will be much cheaper. Any truth in this?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Quite like the look of those. Tyres have suddenly become an expensive commodity, so a dual compound folder for twenty rubs is cause for celebration all round.

As for the weights, a lot of big name tyre manufacturers’ products come in at the same weight too, plus we don’t yet know how big these tyres are going to be. Kenda and Continental have wildly differing views on how wide 2.3″ is for example.

luke1688

Are they available yet? I fancy trying a pair

soobalias
    Free Member

sound like just the thing to put on the on-one SS before i sell it.

brant
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant Shaggy.
    Another question about the On One fat tyre, how much will it cost? I spoke to On One a couple of months ago and the guy on the phone said he thought it would be around £30. I told him the tyres currently available are about 80 quid but he said On One’s tyre will be much cheaper. Any truth in this?

Though I can’t confirm the final pricing, our tyre will not cost £80. I’d hope for half that. At least.

brant
    Free Member

As for the weights, a lot of big name tyre manufacturers’ products come in at the same weight too, plus we don’t yet know how big these tyres are going to be. Kenda and Continental have wildly differing views on how wide 2.3″ is for example.

Full tech diagram here. 55mm carass width, 58mm knob width.
    http://www.shedfire.com/2012/06/20/smorgasbord-what-does-it-take-to-make-a-tyre/

Quite like the look of those. Tyres have suddenly become an expensive commodity, so a dual compound folder for twenty rubs is cause for celebration all round.

29in here, 26in here

Single compound folding £19.99, Dual compound £29.99 (not £19.99 also as I might have excitedly misinformed last night). Amazingly, yes, dual compound tyres do cost more to make.

Compound is 60a or 60/42, not 50A, 50/42as the site says right now.
    The 2.4in Chunky Monkey tyre is a 50a and someone put the details in our system wrong. It will refresh.
    Chunky Monkeys in stock in October.

DaveRambo

Are they available yet? I fancy trying a pair

Well they are on the website.
    £20 for the single compound £30 for the dual.

If they work out well as all rounders – which they look like they should – then they seem pretty good value to me.

phatstanley
    Free Member

this is about as excited as i’ve been about “new” bike-related product in a while.
    not saying much, but then , it’s only bikes.

regardless, thanks for a cheaper (and effective-looking) new 29er tyre, brant.

yodagoat
    Free Member

“Though I can’t confirm the final pricing, our tyre will not cost £80. I’d hope for half that. At least.”

Sound good to me. I’ll be buying at least one.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Why not up the price of the 19.99 pnes by a penny so people can get free delivery?

Stoner
    Free Member

Buy a “Odyssey Tech-Boltz Anodized Bolt Kit” for 99p and grin a little.

And you get two bolts!

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BSODTB/odyssey_tech_boltz_anodized_bolt_kit

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

8)

brant
    Free Member

Why not up the price of the 19.99 pnes by a penny so people can get free delivery?

why not buy two then you have a spare when it wears out?

paul4stones

Hawaiian shirt

Junkyard
    Free Member

why not buy two then you have a spare when it wears out?

because I only want one tyre , I have not tested the tyre and that costs me £19.98 pence more than the actual suggestion from your potential customer.
    TBH I need a new tyre and I am tempted. However I am not buying another to get free postage when other competitors do free postage whatever I buy.
    If you pull some strings Brant i will buy one and will even pay the 1p to get postage.
    E-mail in profile 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘On-One Smorgasbord tyres’ is closed to new replies.