Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 262 total)
  • On-One Smorgasbord tyres
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

In all honesty at £20 + free postage i would have bought one[ and then some more if I liked them]. I am unsure why they have responded like this but I do hope it makes you giggle in the office. I am sure your customers thank you for this great service you have done them whilst I get the “blame”.

For those who feel I was responsible for this I apologise but I am not responsible for how On one price or how they treat their potential customers.
    Clearly this was not what I would have wanted as an outcome
    Net result for me I am still not buying them and for those who loose out due to this I apologise but it was a decision by On one and not me.
    Nice bit of marketing though

It was £24.99 when i started typing this and fee and now it is £19.99 with postage still being charged…was Brant toying with us/me?

druidh
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Expect the “sale” price to drop to £19.99 any day now

Have these tyres ever actually been available at the £29.99 price that is indicated and then “struck through”?

I thought that there was some legislation in place which meant that the goods had to be made available at the full price for a certain length of time before they could be sold at a “Sale” price?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£25?

I won’t pay more than that for a PAIR of tyres any more. Yes, it can easily be done!

nbt

It was £24.99 when i started typing this and fee and now it is £19.99 with postage still being charged…was Brant toying with us/me?

Still 24.99 for 26″ tyres for me, 19.99 for 29″ tyres

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

frc – I think 45Nth might have what you are after………

Linky? Please!

chakaping
    Free Member

for those who loose out due to this I apologise

No worries, was tempted to try them at £20 – but I think I’ll be happier sticking to Maxxis or Conti anyway now.

😆

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I believe goods have to be advertised for 1 month before at the higher price IIRC.

druidh
    Free Member

futon river crossing – Member
    I believe goods have to be advertised for 1 month before at the higher price IIRC.

Surely they have to be available at the higher price?

wwaswas

I’m confused – they still have some of the tyres for £19.99?

PJM1974
    Free Member

STW massive in “there’s no pleasing you” shocker. 😆

Brant – Its a bit late for an April fool, no?

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYOOSM29X225-END-FOL-SIN-BLK/on_one_smorgasbord_29x225_tyre___enduro___folding_bead___single_60a___black

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYOOSM26X225-END-FOL-SIN-BLK/on_one_smorgasbord_26x225_tyre___enduro___folding_bead___single_60a___black

Both at £24.99
    Still the price increase seems to have been a wonderful marketing coup as they have sold out of them all.

Druidh may have a point re the £29.99 price though and they have withdrawn them??? Not sure tbh

Either that or Brant is fruit and I claim my £5 or free postage at 19.99

nbt

Well I was going to order a pair when I order the scandal 29er frame I’m planning to buy, but maybe not now eh? 🙄

johnnystorm

On one hand I can see the “cutting of nose…” aspect of On-one’s actions but then again the idiocy of the OP grates. Free postage over a certain value is easy to administer, buying 20 quids worth of tyre will cost them more than 20 quids worth of titanium bolts, the result being it all comes out in the wash. Like many others I don’t object to finding something cheap to go over the limit. Rather that than the prices go up as they employ a team to accurately assess each and every component establishing exactly how much it should cost to post to 5 decimal places….. 😀

johnnystorm

As an aside I love the idea new tyre is being released at Mayhem. Last time I was at the Malverns classic everyone was going mad for Smoke Lites…20 years on an nothing changes! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Applauds thread!*

😆

I wonder if this pricing policy is a hangover from previous decisions?

mrjmt
    Free Member

This may be one of the things that annoys me most about STW. If someone like Neil from SSC pulled a stunt like this then there’d be massive uproar and his shoes would be full of wee. Brant does it and the STW – Brant hard-on just gets bigger.
    He could make a lot more money selling kisses and reach arounds to STW members than tyres at made up yoyo prices. 😯

leigh0rough0riders
    Free Member

I can confirm price increase is directly as a result of this thread.
    Postage now free! Enjoy.

I can confirm directly as a result of this thread and out of principle – I would now not buy them or possibly anything else from them.
    So One-On Do-One!

bigjim

The attitude to paying for things in this thread is pretty depressing. Quite glad I don’t run a bike shop.

wwaswas

If someone like Neil from SSC pulled a stunt like this

the only time Neil really got real stick on this forum was when he registered multiple anonymous identities to post positive reviews of his own products. oh, and when he suggested that LukeB’s approach to fitting BB’s with a rock might invalidate the warranty. oh, and when he denied there were problems with friction material falling off his brake pads. oh, and when…

whatever else he is brant has always been upfront about what he does and why. I think this is why he tends to get a smoother ride than some other manufacturers/distributers on here.

and let’s face it, pushing the price up so everyone gets ‘free’ postage is pretty funny.

AlexSimon

lol at this thread

druidh
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    the only time Neil really got stick on this forum was when he registered multiple anonymous identities to post positive reviews of his own products. oh, and when he suggested that LukeB’s approach to fitting BB’s with a rock might invalidate the warranty. And the time he called one of the STW regulars a liar for saying that her BF was an aero engineer. And, of course, that time he was slagging off other manufacturers products (On One IIRC).

FTFY

chakaping
    Free Member

Brant does it and the STW – Brant hard-on just gets bigger.

Erm, plenty of people are suggesting it’s dick-ish behaviour.

And plenty of people still buy from Superstar.

wwaswas

yes, druidh but other than that (oh, and the time he said that all rusty BB’s and headsets were as a result of poor fitting, not poor sealing) what has Neil ever done to deserve being criticised on here?

druidh
    Free Member

😆

mrjmt
    Free Member

PMSL, Brant doesn’t need to come on here and slag off other peoples products, his puppets do it for him!
    😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

mrjmt – Member

PMSL, Brant doesn’t need to come on here and slag off other peoples products, his puppets do it for him!

Hello Neil.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m NEIL!!!

mrjmt
    Free Member

My dad is called Neil, maybe i’m 50% octo.

mboy
    Free Member

Just for you Junkyard, I’m gonna go up to the On One stand at Mayhem, cash in hand, and see how far I can bargain for a tyre… Say “well that was £19.99, but if I give you the extra penny you’d normally give me free postage, and it must cost you at least £3 for postage on a tyre, plus the cost of handling it, plus the cost of CC/Paypal fees etc. So let me have it for £15, I’m doing you a favour!” 😉

Or something like that… 🙄

Anyway… Just me that thinks the 60/42a dual compound tyre is a bit overkill? Dual compounds of that durometer would make sense for a DH tyre, but for a 2.25″ trail tyre? I’ve never found a proper 60a Maxxis wanting on any UK trails, it’s their harder 70a compound that suffers. Most dual compound trail tyres are around 55a on the edges, and 60-65a in the centre iirc. 42a on a trail tyre not needed I reckon. Tread pattern looks like it could be quite a good all round tyre though, maybe bit more suited to the rear than the front with its quite rounded profile, but who knows!

Superficial
    Free Member

How unprofessional. Surely cheap Maxxis rip offs are only good if they’re, well, cheap?

Anyone else get the impression On-One think they provide a valuable service to the uk riding scene? Doing us all a favour with their cheap products. Not exactly a business, more a helping hand?

Getting offended and changing prices because one person on a forum whines is incredibly childish – and it’s not the first time a similar thing has happened.

Stoner
    Free Member

Getting offended

LOL

wwaswas

I suspect the price increase may be related to the fact they’ve sold them all quicker than they thought…

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m glad somebody’s thought this through properly mboy.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’ve never found a proper 60a Maxxis wanting on any UK trails,

If you follow the original shiggy link you’ll see it’s a tire designed by an American for US trails – why should it be suited to UK use ??

mrjmt
    Free Member

I suspect the price increase may be related to the fact they’ve sold them all quicker than they thought…

Surely you’re not suggesting that there is some kind of calculation behind on-one’s pricing?

I’d probably say the price strategy is more calculated than the prices themselves.

Junkyard
    Free Member

FWIW I was not the first person to mention the postage issue and simply pointed out free postage was available elsewhere [ other online reatilers are available] or from them for 1p more.

How they respond is their business and not my fault no matter how much you think i am responsible.
    I have no power over on one and their pricing decisions. If i did i would ask for two for £20…lets see if that work eh?

Mboy if it works I will have one and pay £20 including postage 😉

johnnystorm

I got the vague impression it was created with UK riding in mind when I read the first few words on its product page:

Created with UK and Pacific Northwest riding in mind

mrjmt
    Free Member

Created with UK and Pacific Northwest riding in mind

OH MY GOD! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_tree_octopus

johnnystorm

😆

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

druidh – did you mean Husker Du’s? – or do they do something else smaller i.e. – 3″ 29er tyre – can’t find any info.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘On-One Smorgasbord tyres’ is closed to new replies.