Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • on one scandal
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

anyone own a on one scandal? would love to hear from yeah on how they ride and what sort of material they use …cheers

Richie

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s a Scandium alloy or something. In essence this means its light, fast but reasonably comfortable for an alloy ht. I have a 26er with sliding dropouts which I run as a ss. I have 100mm Rebas on it, which is the probably the best fork length and it is very capable. Its a great bike for fast singletrack, I have a 456 for steeper stuff but the Scandal is probably the better bike for most of the riding I do.

pixelmix
    Free Member

The newer Scandals are just plain old alu (no Scandium). I have one in 16″ which weighs in at 3.5lbs.

Not the most comfortable ride on bumpy rocky bits, so I’m going back to short travel full sus, but it is a nice, light, fun frame. The light, stiff back frame means you can have a lot of fun getting the back end to step out of line when you stamp on the pedals whilst out of the saddle. As above, I run mine with 100mm forks.

anotherstan
    Free Member

i had one of the earlier 26er models that (apparently) contained a bit of scandium in the mix. built into a very light, very fast bike, much too quick for me!
    sold it this week, but have replaced it with a scandal 29er. 😀

Bernaard
    Free Member

Got a 29er Scandal and love it. Ran it with carbon rigid forks at 23lb, but stuck 80mm front suss on it and it rides a dream.
    Running it 32/16 singlespeed to.

I use it 9 out of 10 times over my bouncer.
    Mines the aluminium one

thomthumb
    Free Member

got an alu 29er scandal. my favourite bike. Like it so much at one point i was thinking of buying another (to run with gears)

must get a new photo

ackie
    Free Member

I have an 18” 26” scandium scandal frame u can hve with headset for a gd price. PM me for pics

mangatank
    Free Member

I ride an original scandium 26er on a near daily basis. It’s a light nimble and comfortable frame that builds into a lovely light bike. Can’t comment on the new all-aluminium version, but the older frame certainly lives up to it’s press awards.

Stick a light 100mmm fork on it and some skinny XC tyres and you’ll be as fast on the road as off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘on one scandal’ is closed to new replies.