• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On one Parkwood sizing query
  • Leigh2612
    Free Member

Hi Parkwood owners… Pretty
    Apologies for the tedious question, I’m unlikely to be able to get up north to the sop to try one anytime soon..
    I am pretty much set on one of these but unsure what size I need. I’m right in the middle of medium and large (an inch under..183cm is upper limit for medium and starting for large) and leaning towards a large with a short stem unless anyone wants to talk me out of it?

Or, does anyone have one close ish to Oxford area I can have a sit\ bounce on?
    Cheers STW!

jamesy01
    Free Member

I’m around 181/182cm with 32″ inside leg. Swithered about sizes and eventually ordered a large with 50mm stem (ignoring Brants advice to go M).
    It’s perfect for me but I was nervous when I first sat on it, reverb was at its lowest and everything felt huge and my toes barely scraped the ground. Thankfully when fully kitted up it felt right and I even lifted the post 1/2″ after riding it for an hour.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m 180cm with long legs/short body and went medium.

I have a lot of post showing when the saddle is up but still got a bit to spare with a 350mm post. Running a short stem for me. Ride 18″ inbred or 456 in past

Fit is good, wouldn’t want a bigger bike.

Considerations for you:

If you are a xc rider then the bigger from may suit as you’ll have the saddle up more and want a longer top tube.

It is often easier to make a bike alight
    Y bigger with a payback post and longer stem than make a bike slightly smaller.

There often isn’t a big jump between frame sizes but with the parkwood there is. Can you compare to an existing bike?

devash
    Free Member

I’m about your size (182cm) and I’d also be interested to hear what people went for as I’m quite interested in picking up one of these when they come back in stock.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Cheers guys… Divided opinions… Back to the drawing board?

devash
    Free Member

Sizing’s a tough one. Forums will let you get a general consensus but then there’s always one 6″ft+ person who will tell you they ride a medium, or even a small frame, to make you question your sanity.

Test riding is the only way.

nuke

At roughly 6ft, I’d put you on a medium. I’m 5’9″ and ride a 16″ small Scandal 29er and would definitely go small again with the Parkwood…Scandal is a great bike but with more XC angles but Parkwood has the geometry of a more hooligan bike so definitely wouldn’t be sizing up.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Test riding is the only way.

Very true, Brant was sure I’d be a medium, however having then sat on a large at the Edinburgh shop I ignored his advice and once I finally got out on it knew I’d made the right choice!

ryu1720
    Free Member

I’m 170cm and went for the small with a 50mm stem feels like your sitting in it as opposed to on it’ as nuke said, it’s all in the geometry here is a pic to give you an idea what a 16″ looks like

br
    Free Member

My pal bought the Fireline (Ti version as I understand) and wished he’d got the large rather than medium. He’s way shorter than me (I’m 190cm).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On one Parkwood sizing query’ is closed to new replies.